Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

2019 4th of July Fireworks

41Flyer

Join
Apr 20, 2019
Nice clear night. I spent a few hours scouting areas to shoot where I would be close but also away from people. Kittyhawk reported wind at 9mph with 13mph gusts. Drone did not have any problems with the wind and neither did the mosquitos. Google estimates I was about 2000 feet from the source of the fireworks. I found a nice secluded spot to fly with no one around.

Full 10 minute video of a 25 minute show (about 2.5 batteries). So lots of 2x and 4x speed footage plus some edits to get under 10 minutes. I thought I had enable sound recording but guess I did not hit that button. The distance where I was, it was mostly echos and miss timed booms from the flash.
While waiting for them to start, I started off up in the air looking around as I heard some light "booms" in the distance. Once the show I came for started, just parked at 200 feet and let it roll until it was time for a new battery. Video was set to auto. The finale kicks in around 8:50. I did remember to stop the video before powering off the drone and changing batteries so not to corrupt the files.

I did the same thing.

Parked at 200 feet, sat back and enjoyed the show(s). :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme