Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

9 MUST DO'S in Thailand

beautiful scenery it definitely looks like a nice place to visit thanks for sharing.

Jeff :cool:

Reactions: adventurecampitelli
Staying a month makes the paperwork needed to legally fly a drone there and it’s totally worth it [emoji1303]

I’ll be in Chiang Mai for 4 or five days in a few months, not going to bother flying because I’ll spend more time getting legal than flying!

Doing two weeks in Borneo though so hope to do similar :)

Reactions: adventurecampitelli
Staying a month makes the paperwork needed to legally fly a drone there and it’s totally worth it [emoji1303]

I’ll be in Chiang Mai for 4 or five days in a few months, not going to bother flying because I’ll spend more time getting legal than flying!

Doing two weeks in Borneo though so hope to do similar :)
Actually it only takes about 1 hour to get registered while in Thailand. You just go to the local police station or NBTC office with pictures and drone insurance and after about 30 minutes at the office you're certified. You have to fly your drone there.

Actually it only takes about 1 hour to get registered while in Thailand. You just go to the local police station or NBTC office with pictures and drone insurance and after about 30 minutes at the office you're certified. You have to fly your drone there.

The key word is Insurance and Police station. :). Good to know that it’s straight forward in practice, so I’ll have another poke around my plans.

I’m flying into and out of Chiang Mai, and when I’ve looked into buying insurance that’s internationally valid it’s quite expensive and difficult to get. (given I’m Australian, and our insurance market is skewed towards commercial flyers).

Happy to take input though because I will be back in Thailand for longer in the future :)

The key word is Insurance and Police station. :). Good to know that it’s straight forward in practice, so I’ll have another poke around my plans.

I’m flying into and out of Chiang Mai, and when I’ve looked into buying insurance that’s internationally valid it’s quite expensive and difficult to get. (given I’m Australian, and our insurance market is skewed towards commercial flyers).

Happy to take input though because I will be back in Thailand for longer in the future :)
Have a great time flying in Thailand!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme