Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

A little exploration - fall is upon us.

Northwood Mediaworks

Former Spark & Mavic Air 2 Flyer
Premium Pilot
Join
Jan 15, 2018
Loc
Northern Ontario, Canada
Web
northwoodmediaworks.com
Noticed the fall color next door, wanted a closer look. My own ridge has not burst into oranges/yellow/reds just yet. Looks like a new house going in over there in the spring too. Just a lovely morning, a little breezy so kept it low. The rest of the weekend was gale force wind sadly. And, you will see that large pile of firewood that comes my way every summer, it was late this year, so i am scrambling to get it piled into the woodshed before the snow comes (and that can be in October where we are - hope not!). Taking a 5 day weekend at the end of the week, going to try to get that finished! And of course, get some local flying in too. Some original music in this one. Weird free transistions too...

As usual, please watch on YouTube, like and subcribe if you care to, I like those analytics!

As usual, please watch on YouTube, like and subcribe if you care to, I like those analytics!

I'll watch it twice.

Once here, once there.

It's like the old Certs commercial, "It's two, two, two clicks on one video". ?

I think YouTube will show the traffic from both?

I'll watch it twice.

Once here, once there.

It's like the old Certs commercial, "It's two, two, two clicks on one video". ?

I think YouTube will show the traffic from both?

I think when its embeded it does not register... I could be wrong though. I think they show the difference at least...

That's a nice spread you've got there. Love seeing the fall colors. In my part of Florida most of the trees are a variety of oaks and pine trees, so green is the perennial color. We have some deciduous trees (hickory, sweetgun, some fruit trees) that change colors, but nothing to compare with more northern climes. Smooth flying, thanks for sharing!

Ya, for you wood lovers, its all going in that little green outdoor wood burning furnace you see closer to the house. Made in Michigan, the HEATMOR is a high efficiency boiler system which can (that model) heat up to 5000 square feet on a load, and depending on how cold it is only fill it once and feed it again later in the day. Our winters run between 0c or 32f way down to -35c or -32f ... so thats why we get so much wood. Its all pre-split, and we generally have some left over for the following year. No ash in the house at all! Though I would love an indoor fireplace (we do have a secondary hi efficiency propane heating system as a backup). We have an indoor propane hearth, we dont use it much, the wood is way cheaper. Not time to light it yet, but soon :-(

Nice video. The softwood trees seem to be changing, it's typical for the hardwoods to be a little later but not as colorful. My wife and I are heading to northern Wisconsin today to try to find some colors. The Spark will be coming along.

Just wonderful. Best advertising to protect our planet !!! Lots of politicians should watch it.

Lovely vid. The Autumn colours are creeping slowly but surely across the landscape. We stayed with some friends over the w/e in Yorkshire and he runs a company that, guess what.......runs cherry pickers!! Was thinking how you might shin up those magnificent trees if by a slim chance you loose her up a pine tree! Be sure to send some pics/vids of the same area when the white stuff starts to fall.

Lovely vid. The Autumn colours are creeping slowly but surely across the landscape. We stayed with some friends over the w/e in Yorkshire and he runs a company that, guess what.......runs cherry pickers!! Was thinking how you might shin up those magnificent trees if by a slim chance you loose her up a pine tree! Be sure to send some pics/vids of the same area when the white stuff starts to fall.
Sure... I will have some time, and also some weather hopefully this coming weekend to get up and capture more. As for the white stuff, lets not encourage that just yet! I have 5 days starting Thursday to get all that wood into the shed (ughh!) but hopefully there will still be some energy for flying :-D And I did do a few flights last winter, you can see them on my channel!

This was testament to the meter of snow we had most of the winter... more than usual

Cheers.

Last edited:
Sure... I will have some time, and also some weather hopefully this coming weekend to get up and capture more. As for the white stuff, lets not encourage that just yet! I have 5 days starting Thursday to get all that wood into the shed (ughh!) but hopefully there will still be some energy for flying :-D And I did do a few flights last winter, you can see them on my channel!

This was testament to the meter of snow we had most of the winter... more than usual

Cheers.
Oh my goodness. That’s as much as we get in a decade here. Do hope you are spared that sort of volume this year. Don’t do yourself and injury as you get that wood in. Trust you have machine to help you.

Another enjoyable vid Northwood Mediaworks. Wow, that is a lot of wood to move into the shed. Hope you have some help. As far as that white stuff goes, please keep it up North where it belongs. Anything South of Michigan is too close for me. ? Watching your snow video makes me dread it coming. After 67 Winters you would think I’d be use to it by now. It’s been going down in the 40’s F at night here in Chicago and it reminds me it’s coming. Excuse me while I go put an edge on my shovels. ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex