Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

KShapley

Join
Jan 16, 2019
Well it’s been a month since I bought the Spark, thoroughly enjoying it. So here is a compilation of some of the sites I’ve flown Sparkie.
Video from (Adelaide) South Australia. Very dry here this time of year.
It’s been interesting finding locations that we are permitted to fly here. Most of the beaches and All National parks here are verboten. So some fairly distant locations were called for, the most northern and southern were about 250km apart. I predominately bought the spark for Photography but I find myself enjoying the video just as much. So hopefully you find the vid is at least a little bit interesting.

YouTube vid.

Kim

Thanks Kendallfordguy
Apparently the Harbors board (the area is generally known as Outer Harbor, spelt unusually for our English, non American heritage). Decided that beaching these derelict ships was cheaper than scuttling them in deep water. They were then further dismantled here. This went from 1909-1945. About 25 vessels were abandoned around this area.

Google: Garden Island ships graveyard.

Reactions: Kendallfordguy
Nice looking video. Good to see some still images included. Although understandable, most efforts posted to the forum are video.
As primarily a still photographer I’ll be contributing more stills than video - once flying season starts in Quebec. FYI it’s a balmy -15C right now and I’d rather be in front of my wood stove than flying.
NB

Well it’s been a month since I bought the Spark, thoroughly enjoying it. So here is a compilation of some of the sites I’ve flown Sparkie.
It’s been interesting finding locations that we are permitted to fly here. Most of the beaches and All National parks here are verboten. So some fairly distant locations were called for, the most northern and southern were about 250km apart. I predominately bought the spark for Photography but I find myself enjoying the video just as much. So hopefully you find the vid is at least a little bit interesting.

YouTube vid.

Kim
Very excellent!!! :)
Quite impressive considering you’ve only had Sparkie for a month!
What editing program are you using?
Here’s a little snippet from my Spark taken at Monument Valley last month.
I live in Bundaberg, Queensland
Cheers

YouTube vid.

Kim
Nice ,, good job editing . The old boat grave sites were really cool.
Coos Bay Oregon Spark pictureDJI_0078 (1).JPGDJI_0073 (1).JPG

Reactions: KShapley
Yep, I’ve been back there a couple of times so I will do one dedicated to the graveyard once I get a couple of the other graveyard sites covered. There are 4 areas.

Reactions: tmarez
Only using Microsoft Photo at present which is as basic as it gets. There are no Video editors on this PC yet, but I will install something a bit better shortly, I haven't really decided on one. I haven't used one for several years, so any recommendation would be appreciated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme