Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Abandoned barn/farmstead - video using Litchi waypoints

TJBC75

Join
Jul 18, 2018
Was coming home one day and ran across an abandoned barn/farmstead. Had my trusty Spark with me, so I put together a quick Litchi Waypoint mission - 10 waypoints with 1 point of interest (caving in barn). Pretty interesting subject. Wind was 10 to 15 mph and that, combined with the Spark's 2 axis gimbal, affected the yaw. Wasn't as smooth as i would like it to be, but the Spark does have limitations with its gimbal. Also, the barn, which was the point of interest, sometimes is not completely centered in the frame as it should be. GPS issue? All in all, pretty satisfied and glad Litchi waypoints works now. Here is the link for the video:

My video editor is Wondershare Filmora. It does not have all the bells and whistles that some of the more expensive editors have, but it does a decent job. I think it was under $40 when I purchased it last year. After I am done editing the video in Wondershare Filmora, it has an option to directly export the finished video to my YouTube account. I think this one took about 5 or 10 minutes to export and appear in my account ready for publishing. It was published at 1080p. Hope that helps.

Nice shot.
Yes, as you said, "yaw" will be smooth since there is absolutely no wind... Any wind will "kill" it. This is our Sparks limits.

What format do you download your videos to You Tube? and how do you convert?
When I try it takes forever, like over 60 minutes for a 2.5 minute video.

Thanks for any help

Another option is to dump it into your phone (iPhone or iPad example) using the Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader and editing it in the iMovie app.

Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar