Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Activated - Bought from DJI - Refund Policy???

Az Flyer

Join
Jun 19, 2017
I am looking at returning my DJI Spark, and want to know what the policy is?

Some facts:
- I purchased my spark fly-less from DJI directly on pre-order first day.
- It shipped from Commerce, California.
- I live in AZ and it arrived to me last friday (6/16).
- I activated it on 6/17.
- I have flown it 3 times in about 6 days with no accidents.

The reasons for the return:
1. The quickshot modes arent working like advertised (see my other thread for video evidence... quickshots are the main reason I bought it over the mavic)
2. I recieved my Spark Fly-More Combo today from amazon and originally i pre-ordered the combo and the fly less, but DJI pulled a switch-er-ooo on me and backed my shipping date till July for my Fly-More. When i realized Amazon was claiming shipping in mid june, i ordered from them and cancelled the fly-more (from DJI) and my Fly-More (from Amazon) just got here today.

Questions about the return: I have heard of a 7 day return policy. Do i need to pay a restocking fee? Do i need to pay for shipping? If so, just back to Commerce, CA where it shipped from, or back to China?

Im really trying to determine if i should just sell it locally for $450 (pain in the a**) or send it for a refund. Tomorrow will be 7 days for me (6 days from activation).

Thanks for the help in advance!

You can find DJI's return policy here.

You can find DJI's return policy here.
Thanks, I should have stated that I've already read the return policy on DJI's website (your link) and it doesn't answer the questions I have posted above. I'm simply asking from people that have experienced returning a product to DJI. Many people are saying they will be returning their already flown Spark within a 7 day window, so I'm asking if it can be done, and how much it will cost me.

I would suggest getting on a chat with DJI as they can initiate a return while in chat since you bought it directly from them.

I was told to email [email protected] to start the refund process. I haven't heard back from them yet other than getting an automatic reply with a case number so I would suggest you do that to register the fact before your 7 days are up. Include your order number too.. No point chatting as they don't deal with returns online.

Thanks Peter.

UPDATE: I wrote/sent an email and began the chat process just to see. DJI was very helpful, and agreed to fully refund the spark with no cost. After asking me where I live (Arizona) and verifying that I purchased thru DJI online, they are providing me with a pre-paid shipping label to process the return. He kind of acknowledged a problem with the quick shots and said that firmware upgrade should fix it, but when i told him my firmware was up to date, he went ahead with the return. Seems like they really stepped up their game!

Glad to hear that the DJI chat worked for you in your return process.

Thanks Peter.

UPDATE: I wrote/sent an email and began the chat process just to see. DJI was very helpful, and agreed to fully refund the spark with no cost. After asking me where I live (Arizona) and verifying that I purchased thru DJI online, they are providing me with a pre-paid shipping label to process the return. He kind of acknowledged a problem with the quick shots and said that firmware upgrade should fix it, but when i told him my firmware was up to date, he went ahead with the return. Seems like they really stepped up their game!

I contacted them within 24 hrs using the email address mentioned above. It took them a while to get back to me and they were no where near as accommodating as you described. Told me that I'd have to pay return shipping AND the cost of their shipping to me. I have no idea why they're putting the screws to me other than no one ever asked me why I was returning it. It sounds like it may be worth ~$50 to fire up a chat.

Nothing they've emailed me has mentioned anything about 7 days. It's all said 14. Am I missing something?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme