Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

active track: can you track side on???

BrianP

Join
Jan 27, 2018
in anticipation of another video session I was wondering ' can you track an object side on' ???

I guess I will find out by trying it but as the weather is not suitable at present I thought I would ask in advance...

cheers!

Reactions: RotorWash
Yes you can track from the side, but of course there is no obstacle avoidance. I've learned the hard way that I need to fly any route head on to ensure I don't crash (trees, wires, poles, etc) before I fly side or backwards.

Yes you can track from the side, but of course there is no obstacle avoidance. I've learned the hard way that I need to fly any route head on to ensure I don't crash (trees, wires, poles, etc) before I fly side or backwards.
super, first hand info! Thank you Soccerref12!

in anticipation of another video session I was wondering ' can you track an object side on' ???

I guess I will find out by trying it but as the weather is not suitable at present I thought I would ask in advance...

cheers!
Good advice above Brian, just throwing this in here as well.
atmode-functions.jpg

The last time I used Dronie I had to fiddle for a while before the function became available...
Plan on spending a little of that precious 15 minutes setting it up..I've had the best luck in profile mode walking when I have it facing me. You can then move it from side to side with the right stick and keep the drone out of trouble. I don't like those following shots because you're always looking over your shoulder and the video looks pretty silly. The Spark doesn't seem as accurate holding altitude as the later models but you can keep it quite low and it makes an interesting shot IMHO

Plan on spending a little of that precious 15 minutes setting it up..I've had the best luck in profile mode walking when I have it facing me. You can then move it from side to side with the right stick and keep the drone out of trouble. I don't like those following shots because you're always looking over your shoulder and the video looks pretty silly. The Spark doesn't seem as accurate holding altitude as the later models but you can keep it quite low and it makes an interesting shot IMHO
cheers hiflyer! Thank you for the 1st hand info.
I plan to use the spark to track this rc vehicle in a couple of venues

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme