Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Always wondered

rick

Join
Nov 3, 2017
Loc
Lake Norman,NC
when you use RTH does the drone fly the same path home or just the quickest route at the current altitude or just before landing go to the preset height set. I think I can answer my own questions but just checking.

In addition:
If it is above the RTH, it will not go down to RTH altitude, it will fly back at current altitude. Of coarse all this if you set it to do RTH and not auto land.

The rth altitude, and the way it will move after rth is initiated, depends on the distance from home point and the current altitude.

So, you must read the manual about rth, because you can easily crash your drone during rth process.

or just the quickest route at the current altitude or just before landing go to the preset height set
The Spark will ascend to the RTH altitude (if below it) before it starts flying back to the home point. That's why it's important to always check the RTH altitude setting before taking off.

Check out the "Return-to-Home (RTH)" section of the Spark manual for more details on how RTH works. It's one of the most complicated Spark features.

The Spark will ascend to the RTH altitude (if below it) before it starts flying back to the home point. That's why it's important to always check the RTH altitude setting before taking off.

Check out the "Return-to-Home (RTH)" section of the Spark manual for more details on how RTH works. It's one of the most complicated Spark features.

If you fly around the arc of a mountain or hillside, I always assume if the Spark becomes disconnected it would actually fly into the hill or mountainside if RTH is not high enough to go over.

One thing I've wondered, is if the Spark can travel for a short distance behind say a thinner building where the signal is cut off temporarly. Or does it hover immediately making that impossible? It would neat if it could rely on the obstacle sensors for a short time until it shows up at the other side and catches the signal again.

Another noob thought, so if my RTH is set to 40m and I am flying at 60m when I decide to return to home, does it traverse the distance back to above the home point at 60m, then descend, or will it descend to RTH preset altitude (40m) then return to above the home point?

Another noob thought, so if my RTH is set to 40m and I am flying at 60m when I decide to return to home, does it traverse the distance back to above the home point at 60m, then descend, or will it descend to RTH preset altitude (40m) then return to above the home point?
Return at 60M. RTH height is a minimum.

Thanks for all the posts. I sometime launch at a lower position than when hitting RTH so the the height is determined at the point where it is flying over.
Like the chart but must study it more closely

Return at 60M. RTH height is a minimum.

Okay, so whatever the current altitude is above the set RTH value... I get it. I thought so from watching my Spark RTH, I use it now and then, been manually flying back more lately. Thanks for the clarification.

Reactions: suprPHREAK

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar