Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

An Aussie couple is locked up in Iran after an illegal drone flight

J

Josh Spires

Aussie-couple-locked-up-iran-drone-flight.jpg

An Aussie couple has been locked up in Iran after an illegal drone flight earlier this year. The couple along with another woman is looking at a ten-year plus sentence for the drone flight that would change their life forever.

more…

The post An Aussie couple is locked up in Iran after an illegal drone flight appeared first on DroneDJ.

Continue reading...

Aussie-couple-locked-up-iran-drone-flight.jpg

An Aussie couple has been locked up in Iran after an illegal drone flight earlier this year. The couple along with another woman is looking at a ten-year plus sentence for the drone flight that would change their life forever.

more…

The post An Aussie couple is locked up in Iran after an illegal drone flight appeared first on DroneDJ.

Continue reading...
It's really sad so I hope this puts the FFAL idea to bed

Some places I would never visit ..let alone fly a drone ..sad story but who would even go to Iran under the present mullah regime

We are flying out to Uzbekistan next week, so I contacted our travel agent over there.
And this was their response.

Dear Joseph,
I am very sorry, but neither the ordinary people in Uzbekistan nor the tourists are allowed to use drones on the territory of the country.
Government and from the last year journalists may use drones for work. Other people cannot use this kind of equipment.
You can take cameras only.
Kind regards,

Iran is a dangerous place for foreigners. Just don't go there!
There's plenty of info on this subject. I have friends from there and they think it's dangerous

Reactions: Vanuchi
Iran is a dangerous place for foreigners. Just don't go there!

Agreed.

The whole planet at your disposal for travel, and people want to travel to areas that are not sympathetic to your views and get in trouble. Hmmm... ?

Reactions: Vanuchi
Facing 10yrs for flying a drone illegally! What's the punishment in North Korea, firing squad? :( probably...

I really feel sorry for them, but I’m thinking they were probably flying it in a place you wouldn’t even feel comfortable flying in the U.S...... I hope they are released soon so they can carry on with their next adventure. Probably something like hiking across Death Valley in August

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav