Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Android phone sees mp4 files as corrupt after Spark firmware update

Genby

Join
Nov 14, 2017
Hi, everybody! I have an issue which is crucial for me since I'm very used to cut and compose my videos on Android mobile (Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML). After the latest Spark firmware update all of my phone apps (gallery, Androvid, Adobe Clip) can't play mp4 files which I download from Spark via cable. The show videos like corrupt, length "00.00", but the same files are easily played on my computer. And actually there is one Android app which still plays those mp4 files well - it's called MX Player. What I'm forced to do now is uploading all my cuts to YouTube directly from MX Player, then downloading them back from there to my phone (using online YouTube to mp4 converter), then editing (with all the quality losses), then uploading the whole clip on YouTube finally.

Of course I can switch to computer editing, but the phone works much better for me and allows to quickly edit cuts and compose videos "on the go".

Seems like they changed/added some codec or something at DJI with that new firmware (well, I'm not sure how NEW this firmware is, actually, I didn't connect my Spark to internet for 6 months, and when I did it, it refused to fly until I update the firmware, so I had to update it). Does anyone have the same trouble or any idea why that happens? Appreciate any kind of help!

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. After the last update of my spark, the videos (not the photos) I can not see in my android samsung s7. It is true that with some applications it is possible to see them. But the point is that I'm used to editing my videos right from my phone, and clearly the editor, does not run those videos anymore.

Please help!
(Meanwhile, it is possible to go back to the previous firmware, while this is not solved?)

I primarily fly with a mini4 but have a Galaxy S7 and flew yesterday via WiFi and captured some footage.

There's no thumbnail image of the files but the gray exclamation point corrupted image.

When I tap the image, it plays the video.

Not sure if it is the same problem you're having.

My two cents worth of information.

hello, in my case I can only see the thumbnail of the video icon, but when I open it, apears the message "content not supported" I try download another application that supports it, and I can reproduce it with others. But the problem is that with all the editors I've tried, none recognizes the video file. so that from now on I can only edit the footage only from my laptop. which makes it quite uncomfortable, and so on the practical and fast view/edition is lost.

Any possibility of going back to the previous firware update? for now only...

If I fix this I promise I'll never connect Spark to internet again) It was perfect for 6 months! No updates, no need to update batteries every time etc. ) Was perfect just until I decided that I want to have an actual map at the app. Sad.

What I did for now: open this mp4 files with MX player app, share them from there to Adobe clip app (if you do so, Adobe clip plays them), then save to the gallery. Then you start from the point where you've been before this update. But the quality loss is significant and some artifacts appear from time to time.

2nd option: open files with MX player app, share them to my YouTube, then rip them from YouTube. Also quality issue(

I noticed: in MX player when I play older mp4 files from Spark, it shows that it uses HW codec. New files - HW+ codec

This is becoming a PITA... Seems that every time there's a FW update, something no longer works or it doesn't do this or that. Do they even test the FW before releasing it?
I had not updated my FW for ages as it was working fine, then one day I had a message on screen 'Aircraft locked' only way to unlock it was to upgrade the FW. Now it's acting weird, it's not flying right...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar