Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Another any-way-to-activate-without-failed-QR-scan thread

I B Spectre

Join
Aug 16, 2019
My Spark arrived and looked as good as was described, everything seems to be in working order so far. I can connect the RC to the drone and have updated the latest firmware for the Spark and the RC. I'd like to register (activate?) with DJI since the unit was previously owned, but I'm in a loop of failed QR scans and haven't been able to find an alternative on the net. Anyone have a suggestion?

Update: I found a post that indicated my Spark was now attached to the DJI account I opened and the previous owner's record was separate. I checked out my Flight Record and, sure enough, only the few minutes I'd logged yesterday and today were recorded. I got my FAA Small UAS registration this afternoon and I haven't had time to take it outside, but weather permitting, I will take her to the backyard tomorrow and put it through baby steps to get familiar with it. I managed an IMU calibration (that was frustrating thanks to sketchy DJI prompts!), but all is looking good. Got micro-SD card, OTG cable and a couple of other accessories coming tomorrow. Looking forward to checking out the various modes/functions while building skills.

Last edited:
I'd like to register (activate?) with DJI since the unit was previously owned
There's no way to activate/register a drone that has already been activated. Just connect it to DJI GO and go fly.

Thanks, msinger, I edited my post and intend to do just that. My Google-Fu isn't bad, but sometimes knowing how to phrase a search question makes all the difference. No insurmountable issues so far, but then I've only flown it indoors. Confidence grows with time and experience. I'm very motivated. Thanks again!

Those QR codes are a total FAIL.

I seriously wonder how many hundreds of hours new Spark owners have wasted trying to make those work. Too bad they haven’t gotten rid of those or thrown a warning card in the box to disregard them.

Pretty lazy engineering to neither fix it or at least respect consumer’s time

Thank's Andre for bringing that up...I'd kinda forgotten the hours that I spent ?

Those QR codes are a total FAIL.

I seriously wonder how many hundreds of hours new Spark owners have wasted trying to make those work. Too bad they haven’t gotten rid of those or thrown a warning card in the box to disregard them.

Pretty lazy engineering to neither fix it or at least respect consumer’s time

That's really annoying tbh. And to think of it, making QR codes is no rocket science. There are even free tools available online. So here's a message to DJI on behalf of Spark users.

qrcode.jpeg

? ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme