Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

anybody have polarized lenses for spark?

Huntman2014

Join
Jul 26, 2019
I have a pair of polarized sunglasses I wear while flying and its a miracle. Makes the sky and surroundings so clear and removes ALL glare. I have heard from the reveiws that these polarized filters for the spark do the same thing. anyone own these and would reccomend them? 3-Pack - Standard Series | Spark

I have that set and do like them. I usually just leave the polarizer on all of the time. Works just like your sunglasses. The NDs work just like your link above says although I have not used them very much. I have had no issues with gimbal overload that you can get from heavier brands.

Reactions: Huntman2014
I have that set and do like them. I usually just leave the polarizer on all of the time. Works just like your sunglasses. The NDs work just like your link above says although I have not used them very much. I have had no issues with gimbal overload that you can get from heavier brands.
thanks for the info! I will be for sure picking up a pair!

Defo pay the extra and go for the decent set/brand, i made the mistake of thinking i could get the same quality for pennies, and soon learned buy cheap buy twice, ended up with the set you've listed, very happy with them.

I bought that 3 pack back in November of 2018 when I bought my Spark and I haven't had any issues with them.?

I had a Polarpro PL for my Spark, but lost it a crash. Now I do most of my serious videos with my Mavic Pro for which I have a set including ND4PL, ND8PL ND16PL. The ND16PL isn't adequate for bright sun. ND32PL would probably be the most useful (Someone please comment), but is no longer available for the MP so I purchased ND64PL .

I was using PLs for everything 'cause I'm a sucker for the saturated colors. Then I noticed that it sometimes turned one side of the sky dark (comments?). Now I only use PLs when flying over water. I hope I can learn how to get those saturated co,ors back through post proscessimg.

Then I noticed that it sometimes turned one side of the sky dark (comments?).

If it's a fixed lens, there may not be a remedy unless the lens can be rotated on the camera.

I have the PolarPro 6 pack cinema series and the three PL lenses have a rotating bezel to get the best polarized image, much like a lens on a camera.

Fighting the gimbal while the Spark is powered up and rotating the bezel is a PIA.

And what may look good at ground level, might not be the same when the Spark is in the air looking down?

Other than that, I like the PolarPro filters.

If it's a fixed lens, there may not be a remedy unless the lens can be rotated on the camera.

I have the PolarPro 6 pack cinema series and the three PL lenses have a rotating bezel to get the best polarized image, much like a lens on a camera.

Fighting the gimbal while the Spark is powered up and rotating the bezel is a PIA.

And what may look good at ground level, might not be the same when the Spark is in the air looking down?

Other than that, I like the PolarPro filters.
Ok, ill be sure to pick up a pair!

B&H has the following kits currently in stock:

PolarPro Prime Filter 6-Pack for DJI Spark - $64.99 (reg $99.99)

PolarPro Cinema Series Shutter Collection - $74.99

PolarPro Cinema Series Vivid Collection - $49.99

The Cinema Series are supposed to have better glass helping to further reduce glare and lens flaring. The Shutter collection doesn't come with polarization but the Vivid does and are adjustable. The Prime pack is a good deal right now on sale and it comes with fixed (horizontally) polarization filters. Personally I use the Vivid series and are quite happy with them.

B&H has the following kits currently in stock:

PolarPro Prime Filter 6-Pack for DJI Spark - $64.99 (reg $99.99)

PolarPro Cinema Series Shutter Collection - $74.99

PolarPro Cinema Series Vivid Collection - $49.99

The Cinema Series are supposed to have better glass helping to further reduce glare and lens flaring. The Shutter collection doesn't come with polarization but the Vivid does and are adjustable. The Prime pack is a good deal right now on sale and it comes with fixed (horizontally) polarization filters. Personally I use the Vivid series and are quite happy with them.
those for sure the top notch ones!

I have recently purchased the PolarPro three pack PL, ND8 and ND16 Filters. I have tried all three on the Spark and settled with the PL or Polariser for everyday use. I am in inland Australia and our light is very bright especially in summer, most of the clips I see in YouTube are from the northern hemisphere with soft greens and blues. In Australia the landscape in summer is very reflective with generally dull colours as our vegetation does not have strong colours. The polariser filter really helps with these conditions and produces very realistic colours as opposed to using no filter.

I have recently purchased the PolarPro three pack PL, ND8 and ND16 Filters. I have tried all three on the Spark and settled with the PL or Polariser for everyday use. I am in inland Australia and our light is very bright especially in summer, most of the clips I see in YouTube are from the northern hemisphere with soft greens and blues. In Australia the landscape in summer is very reflective with generally dull colours as our vegetation does not have strong colours. The polariser filter really helps with these conditions and produces very realistic colours as opposed to using no filter.
im glad you like them!

I'm not an expert in filters or photography so just asking...instead of using filters, couldn't you get the same result in post editing of photos & videos?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme