Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Are you using a "Battery strap" to secure the battery?

I like the double loop around the battery (post #15) better than the single loop around the battery feet (post #16).
Maybe we need a new poll...

Reactions: BossOlive
I like the double loop around the battery (post #15) better than the single loop around the battery feet (post #16).
Maybe we need a new poll...
I like them both and I have two different sizes but prefer the single.Make a YouTube video with the double loop.
They are both ingenious but everything started with the Double loop.
Bigger “O” ring must be Double Loop
Smaller “O” ring must be Single Loop
Both are Better then a big bulky plastic strap that must be removed before fitting in a case and will tear your wrap , vinyl or skin if your Spark is Personalized.

Reactions: BigAl07
What exactly is failing to produce all these battery drop offs in mid flight? I can't pull mine off without physically releasing the clips. Poor preflight checks? Design issue? Enquiring minds want to know

What exactly is failing to produce all these battery drop offs in mid flight? I can't pull mine off without physically releasing the clips. Poor preflight checks? Design issue? Enquiring minds want to know

I never had issues with battery until one day like plenty of times before I decided to put it in Sport Mode and the vibrations made the battery pop out. I was actually on my second flight with the same battery as you can see in the flight Data video I posted.The battery wasn’t 100% charged.
All I know is that it really happened to me and I’m not the first person. Some people like to think that it’s impossible but I found out the hard way. 150 foot fall into a very deep snowbank.

No need to buy anything when not necessary.
Reason why batteries may fall in flight was explained in detail in previous threads.
Two different types of batteries are in service. An old type with poor clipping system and a new (modified) type with longer clips that avoid any problem. Pictures were posted showing the difference in the length of clips.
Sparks are now sold with fail safe batteries.
Try to find those pictures to compare with your own batteries, if you have any doubt.
Many people know this on this forum...
So dont buy just because it's cheap, try to think before: do i really need this?
I never had issues with battery until one day like plenty of times before I decided to put it in Sport Mode and the vibrations made the battery pop out. I was actually on my second flight with the same battery as you can see in the flight Data video I posted.The battery wasn’t 100% charged.
All I know is that it really happened to me and I’m not the first person. Some people like to think that it’s impossible but I found out the hard way. 150 foot fall into a very deep snowbank.

No need to buy anything when not necessary.
Reason why batteries may fall in flight was explained in detail in previous threads.
Two different types of batteries are in service. An old type with poor clipping system and a new (modified) type with longer clips that avoid any problem. Pictures were posted showing the difference in the length of clips.
Sparks are now sold with fail safe batteries.
Try to find those pictures to compare with your own batteries, if you have any doubt.
Many people know this on this forum...
So dont buy just because it's cheap, try to think before: do i really need this?

Whatever........

Sometimes you wont know if u needed anything till accidents happen. Then you will tell yourself, I should done this and that. Prevention is always better than cure. [emoji16]

Exactly!!

Also flying sUAS is part of AVIATION and AVIATION is all about reducing/eliminating risk as much as is possible. Why would you NOT add some small and cheap device to add insurance and reduce risk?

Exactly!!

Also flying sUAS is part of AVIATION and AVIATION is all about reducing/eliminating risk as much as is possible. Why would you NOT add some small and cheap device to add insurance and reduce risk?

That's the exactly the same logic that Boeing used when they added the CMAS and new stall sensors to the 737 Max airliner. We all know how that ended. :(:(

Just wondering how can a discussion involving a simple rubber to hold the battery from going loose ended up in a comparison with a $100 million aircraft. Thats what I really love about forums and discussions. [emoji23]

That's the exactly the same logic that Boeing used when they added the CMAS and new stall sensors to the 737 Max airliner. We all know how that ended. :(:(

But we have PROOF that, at least at some point, there were failures of the battery locking mechanism. There are currently old style and new style batteries in use.

The comparison of a flawed CMAS and an o-ring is quite the reach.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

Just wondering how can a discussion involving a simple rubber to hold the battery from going loose ended up in a comparison with a $100 million aircraft. Thats what I really love about forums and discussions. [emoji23]

They both have engineering design flaws. They are both aircraft. They both have issues that need fixing.

It's an analogy. Not a direct comparison.

But the truth is that I chose the most ridiculous analogy to highlight how ridiculous the whole topic is.

Use a battery clip or don't use one -- it's a personal choice and it probably doesn't matter either way. Cheers

But we have PROOF that, at least at some point, there were failures of the battery locking mechanism. There are currently old style and new style batteries in use.

The comparison of a flawed CMAS and an o-ring is quite the reach.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

I actually do agree with you.

The Gen 1 battery design issue is well documented on this Forum. Even the current batteries are subject to damage with improper removal and incomplete insertion.

I was not making a serious comparison but rather making fun of the topic because it comes up almost weekly and the same "points" are made over and over.

My attempt at humor was missed by most. Now I'm off to the store to stock up on O-rings :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Chasm98
In discussions and sharing knowledge, nothing is ridiculous. Everyone has the right to have their own opinion. And most importantly...Respect others' opinion. Cheers

Grown men playing with toy drones and discussing it ad nauseum in an online forum... my wife thinks it's pretty ridiculous. I have no comeback. Lol

Good to know you are here. We should address this topic again next week!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers