Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Are you using a "Battery strap" to secure the battery?

Every technology invention, should be used within specs.

Manufacturer has made all the engineering, for proper use.

If there's a mistake in engineering, manufacturer is the one who should correct it.
This is what happened to Spark's batteries. Bad engineering, and correction by DJI.

If you worry too much, using spark WITHIN SPECS, then this hobby is not for you. It destroys your health.

Otherwise, use straps if you worry for batteries falling off the skies, use propeller guards all the time, use a cellular tracker in case of a fly away, use a Bluetooth tracker in case the cellular tracker has no signal, use a parasute (you know why), use floaters because you worry about sinking in water, super strong stroboscopic lights, and a strong speaker because you worry about bird attacks.
Yes, I know, now you worry that spark will not fly with all these on it, so take some medicine to keep yourself calm. Anyway, you did your best.
Have a nice day and enjoy your flight.

The biggest problem with a thread titled "Are you using a "Battery strap" to secure the battery?" is that it sucks more and more people into the quagmire of using clips or o-rings although they might have never experienced such issues themselves.

um, yeah... you're not supposed to wait until you lose battery in flight and destroy an aircraft before doing so. it's a precaution, which means you do it beforehand.

Are there any clips or rather harnesses to prevent the Spark from flying away? What about a backup compass which prevents the Spark from going into Atti-mode in the event of the typical yaw/compass error?

is either incredibly cheap, simple and quick to use, versus the likelihood of the issue occurring?

for that matter, is either available, especially versus the propensity for either event occurring?

Otherwise, use straps if you worry for batteries falling off the skies

done.

use propeller guards all the time

no need. I don't crash into things.

use a cellular tracker in case of a fly away, use a Bluetooth tracker in case the cellular tracker has no signal

I do, on my MP, which is both flown far enough away and expensive enough to warrant the expense. on my Spark, there is neither need.

use a parasute (you know why), use floaters because you worry about sinking in water, super strong stroboscopic lights, and a strong speaker because you worry about bird attacks.

or you could just not fly at all, yeah?

done.

no need. I don't crash into things.

I do, on my MP, which is both flown far enough away and expensive enough to warrant the expense. on my Spark, there is neither need.

or you could just not fly at all, yeah?
Sorry, I disagree with almost everything you wrote, but I agree with your last phrase.
If you worry too much, if you don't trust technology, if you want to fly beyond specs (without taking the risks of it), then don't fly at all.

Reactions: Andre Levite
because you don't want your battery falling out mid-flight, destroying the aircraft. the clip eliminates the possibility, be it from batteries with the old clip, worn clips, an incorrectly seated battery, clips bumped during handling etc.

it's like wearing a seatbelt in your car. legalities aside, it's smart because if you ever need it, it's too late to start thinking about it then.

I have never been instructed by DJI to take steps like this. No mention about it in the manual etc. If it's faulty there should be a safety recall. DJI has got my email address and if there is any considerable risk I want them to inform me about this. Until this happens I'm going to enjoy my drone without any worries.

I use these they work great and still able to use the prop guards weight is 2g got 4 for 9.50 on eBay.

eBay seller is
linuxglobal (1370)
100% positive feedback

Vdjm04Z.jpg

dBeLZNq.jpg

wKk8ARI.jpg

Last edited:
I use these they work great and still able to use the prop guards got 4 for 9.50 on eBay.

m%3D283278820603&_trksid=p2060778.c100290.m3507

Vdjm04Z.jpg

dBeLZNq.jpg

wKk8ARI.jpg

If I'd would work in marketing team of the straps manufacturer I'd be spending hours on discussion forums for the drone pilots writing disturbing and shocking stories what happened when the battery fell off my drone during the flight.

I have never been instructed by DJI to take steps like this. No mention about it in the manual etc.

Just curious, do you own a gimbal guard for the camera when in storage?

It's not a stock item and nothing from DJI about using one, but a lot of pilots have them to protect their investment, which is similar to the battery clips and bands.

Reactions: BigAl07

It's not a stock item and nothing from DJI about using one, but a lot of pilots have them to protect their investment, which is similar to the battery clips and bands.

No, I don't. I always store Spark in the original case. Hope this is enough to avoid any damage?

It's not a stock item and nothing from DJI about using one
, but a lot of pilots have them to protect their investment, which is similar to the battery clips and bands.

I disagree...
The reason that DJI doesn't make a gimbal cover a "stock item" (as you suggest) is because they already give you a hard case to transport the Spark that protects the camera and gimbal.

The only similarity between the gimbal cover and the battery strap is that with proper care and attention they are both unnecessary.

Reactions: J997654-uk
I disagree...
The reason that DJI doesn't make a gimbal cover a "stock item" (as you suggest) is because they already give you a hard case to transport the Spark that protects the camera and gimbal.

The only similarity between the gimbal cover and the battery strap is that with proper care and attention they are both unnecessary.

Ok.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast