Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Atti mode soiled my pants nearly [emoji23]

Gavieboydgi

Premium Pilot
Join
Mar 3, 2018
Had a brief moment with attitude mode tonight, I've had it happen loads of times with the spark and my 300 flights with it. But this one was different the wind was bad and atti mode stayed it always connects back into GPS when you rise.
I've learnt as well when atti mode happens it always best to just rise altitude till you get control of the drone
Anyway here's that screen recording of my flight record .
Has anyone else have a bad experience with atti mode.

This is probably why I ended in attimode

6 KP that's the highest I've ever seen it in my country. Screenshot_20180911-230809_UAV%20Forecast.jpg

Atti mode with 17 satellites?
That's what I was thinking. Then I checked UAV Forecast app and the KP is very high so that could've been why.
I've never had atti mode last more than a couple of seconds This one though I thought I was going to have to try and land it in attimode it was all over the place because it was pretty windy, I did get it under control though. Then it just switched back to GPS when I was bringing it down to land.
You don't realise how the wind catches it when you don't have GPS locked on. At first the thing just shot off .

What firmware are you running? It happened to me too on firmare 0.900, ATTI mode while up in the sky without anything that could interfere with the compass nearby. I rolled back to 0.701 and it didn't happen again, but I didn't have that much flights with this firmware.

I'm using 1000 update with go4 4.3 I've not had attitude mode on this update this is the first time on this version.

Did you get any compass error before it went to atti? It should have given you warnings before it even took off. Some sparks on the forum lost due to compass error resulting in atti mode or failed RTH.

Did you get any compass error before it went to atti? It should have given you warnings before it even took off. Some sparks on the forum lost due to compass error resulting in atti mode or failed RTH.
No warning when I took of. I had 17-18 sats and home point was initiated then all of a sudden attitude mode magnetic interference as you see. Normally when I rise up it instantly goes back into GPS but it didn't this time. Has anyone ever tried landing in atti mode with pretty bad wind? It is a fight just to keep it over your head but once you get the rhythm with the sticks and sorta under control.
It's the landing bit that's tricky I think if it came to it. This is why DJI needs to put a atti mode even in intelligence flight mode would be good. If that ever happens to any new pilots I'm afraid that drone is going to become a missile if the shock of it happening and they just let go of the sticks

Yeah I always clean my drone and the sensors are first to be done. Thanks Northwood.
I’m referring to in the app, however it is good to clean the physical sensors too. IMU and compass interference levels.... check those before every flight, if something doesn’t look right, don’t fly, move to a different location, check again before flying.

Reactions: Gavieboydgi
High wind can cause IMU issues resulting in ATTI mode.You should not have taken off.

Also you had magnetic field interference. Were you near high voltage power lines?

Had a brief moment with attitude mode tonight, I've had it happen loads of times with the spark and my 300 flights with it. But this one was different the wind was bad and atti mode stayed it always connects back into GPS when you rise.
I've learnt as well when atti mode happens it always best to just rise altitude till you get control of the drone
Anyway here's that screen recording of my flight record .
Has anyone else have a bad experience with atti mode.

I had a similar experience back in May and crashed my spark.

High wind can cause IMU issues resulting in ATTI mode.You should not have taken off.

Also you had magnetic field interference. Were you near high voltage power lines?
No high voltage power lines anywhere.

This is where it happened You can see where i was stood and where the Spark was it was pitch black when it went into atti mode. and the wind just took it off untill i got it under control.

Attachments

• Macc Colage Night Shot.jpg
    Macc Colage Night Shot.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 33
Reactions: droffarc and Haggi
I try and fly every day me I can't get enough of it hahaha absolutely hooked. [emoji23][emoji23]

Reactions: Haggi

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast