Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

ATTI mode suggestions

Frozen AK

Join
Jul 2, 2017
i flew my spark over the weekend and it continued to go into ATTi mode. Prior to flight I recalibrated the compass and IMU and this seems to be an on going issue. Here is some messages that popped up while flying. Any suggestions on fixing this issue?D75EFDC4-2F5C-40C4-8BA5-344655284C6D.png 414231F2-26D5-430E-A7C5-1A9261F5086C.png

Check the Kp levels. (Solar flare activity on our magnetic field). Has been some huge activity of late.

You should not need to do IMU calibrations between flights, only when notified of after a serious crash.

If you calibrated the compass near any magnetic interference (metal objects, your phone) it may read ok on the ground, but then read bad when it moves away from that interference. Be sure to calibrate in a no metal area, away from electronics.

Typically, only calibrate if you are told by the app, or have moved at least 60mi/100km from your last flight.

Had the same issues at a waterfall in Switzerland, flying out at about 85m at 27m altitude over water when the nfz error occured. Of course, I wasn't flying in a nfz, not even a warning zone. I didn't dare trying to reproduce the behaviour after a compass and imu calibration with a similar flight, as I was happy it didn't crash or flew away...

You should not need to do IMU calibrations between flights, only when notified of after a serious crash.

If you calibrated the compass near any magnetic interference (metal objects, your phone) it may read ok on the ground, but then read bad when it moves away from that interference. Be sure to calibrate in a no metal area, away from electronics.

Typically, only calibrate if you are told by the app, or have moved at least 60mi/100km from your last flight.
Sorry, late, in addition, if the app tell you to calibrate, at first try to move the Spark away from anything metallic. Try to take off from hand or from a plastic box. If it don't complain, then you are ok.
The worst is to calibrate the compass in a not so good environment.

Reactions: suprPHREAK
Exactly, compass interference is usually very short range. Holding it off of whatever surface should be sufficient to tell if that is the problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef