Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Authorization Zone

EyesOfTheWorld777

Join
May 27, 2019
Hey everyone. I just bought a Spark, primarily to use on my upcoming honeymoon. In particular, I really want to get video of my soon-to-be-wife and I sitting on our hotel balcony in Santorini, Greece. However, I now see that our hotel is just barely inside a blue "authorization zone" on the DJI geo zone map, apparently because of the airport that is closeby. I'm wondering exactly what the authorization zone is and if there is a way to legally fly there. Will the Spark even take off there? If not, can I get an exception so that it can fly? I've been picturing in my mind the shot of us there and I really hope I'm able to get it. Any advice would be appreciated!

Hey everyone. I just bought a Spark, primarily to use on my upcoming honeymoon. In particular, I really want to get video of my soon-to-be-wife and I sitting on our hotel balcony in Santorini, Greece. However, I now see that our hotel is just barely inside a blue "authorization zone" on the DJI geo zone map, apparently because of the airport that is closeby. I'm wondering exactly what the authorization zone is and if there is a way to legally fly there. Will the Spark even take off there? If not, can I get an exception so that it can fly? I've been picturing in my mind the shot of us there and I really hope I'm able to get it. Any advice would be appreciated!
I'm the disabled person with advanced MS.....my Spark finally lifted off this Weekend.....let me tell you about it.......
I live on the South of Colorado Springs and went East out on the Plains between Ft. CARTOON, Peat Moss Field and Shriveled Manhood Space Command.
Everything was cool at 5 miles plus from everything Sensitive until the White SUVs showed up in the distance...no control of the Spark.....They had control....Props just an inch from my car and then it dropped to the ground. I packed up and drove toward the vehicles in the distance and one came toward me a highspeed.....flagged it down and asked if there was a problem....no, no problem just walking my dogs.....not one dog in the SUV....
My GoPro was running during the Flight, the vehicles in the distance, the verbal exchange and the douche ******* with his vehicle waiting for me to leave....
County land unmarked in any way.....Area 51 Wannabe
Be careful out there

You can typically fly in the blue geozones! You just have to do a "self-unlock" ahead of time, It takes about 5 minutes or less. Here's a tutorial:

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502