Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Auto pilot is it worth the 30.00??

I bought it about 3 months ago. I have yet to successfully use it. That may be me. There is a lot of documentation, but it really feels like they skip a couple of key steps. The Spark was never its intended platform... the site and videos are heavily focused on the bigger DJI drones.
I use it with the spark for all the advanced features never had a problem, well not one that wasnt my error in the first okace and easily fixed

Reactions: ccolt1
Thanks, I've just claimed my private URL.
Anyway.... it took a while before I had the Spark doing what I wanted to do. There is a procedure to follow.
Most important thing is to first start DJI GO4, wait to you have have signal (the iPhone needs to parse with the RC and drone). Then you can close the DJI app and start Autopilot. Then you can fly without a problem
I use autopilot without first starting DJI go 4 never had a problem

I’m suppose to get a invitation to the beta test version. I received a email back from them wanting my Apple ID to send invitation can’t wait to get and try it out

Reactions: Dave woods
Take time to learn the features and watch the videos on the Hangar youtube channel all are relevant to the spark

How does AutoPilot compare to Litchi?
LItchi MUCH better than Autopilot.
Autopilot sends commands, as they are executed, to the Spark, Mavic, Phantom, etc...
Litchi compiles a flight plan, uploads it to the drone, and then the drone performs it autonomously ... no loss of signal problems .... just make sure you check all the waypoints, and altitudes ... so the drone doesn't do the unexpected ... like fly into a tree becauise you didn't set the altitude high enough .. I've been using Litchi since it came out, and Beta tested it as well.

Does litchi do way points etc for spark yet? I was thinking litchi but as far as I knew it didn’t as of yet

LItchi MUCH better than Autopilot.
Autopilot sends commands, as they are executed, to the Spark, Mavic, Phantom, etc...
Litchi compiles a flight plan, uploads it to the drone, and then the drone performs it autonomously ... no loss of signal problems .... just make sure you check all the waypoints, and altitudes ... so the drone doesn't do the unexpected ... like fly into a tree becauise you didn't set the altitude high enough .. I've been using Litchi since it came out, and Beta tested it as well.
Just goes to show how little so.e people know, for starters waypoints are NOT supported in litchi for the spark currently and yes autopilot flight controller must remain in contact with the drone at all times but this gives it far more features at waypoints than litchi also the follow modes are far superior to litchi as autopilot using airspace can follow any GPS enabled phone or tablet or a dedicated GPS unit I use both Litchi and autopilot and for the spark Autopilot has no competition

I just received an e-mail with code for beta app. They replied in 2 days, nice. Version 4.5.180

Last edited:
I just received an e-mail with code for beta app. They replied in 2 dans, nice. Version 4.5.180

It is working great on my iPhone and iPad I am finding myself using it a lot more than the DJI Go app. Once I set my home point from the go app, I exit that and fly autopilot quite a bit. I would say read up and learn as much as you can. I am still practicing basics lots like simple way points and adding features in slowly to learn everything in increments and not rushing. Just want to perfect it as much as possible.

New guy here hope you don’t mind if I offer my opinion. I’ve had a spark since June great little drone and my first one as well. I bought the Autopilot app about three weeks ago and I have to tell you I am totally impressed with it. I also have the Litchi app and tried to use the VR goggles with the iPhone... but the lag time was scary and I decided that’s not the direction I wanted to go. So far with Autopilot I’ve only have use the waypoint mode but of the four flightplans that I’ve done so far they have been absolutely perfect! The Spark responds EXACTLY as it’s been programmed to do. I pull up the map sitting in the comfort of my home..plug in the waypoints..altitude.. and the focus triggers which are varied before I head out. After doing the research and actually it was Dave Woods comments that made me take the leap. Is it an costly app? I suppose..but for what it does and I’ve barely scratched the surface..it has great potential.

New guy here hope you don’t mind if I offer my opinion. I’ve had a spark since June great little drone and my first one as well. I bought the Autopilot app about three weeks ago and I have to tell you I am totally impressed with it. I also have the Litchi app and tried to use the VR goggles with the iPhone... but the lag time was scary and I decided that’s not the direction I wanted to go. So far with Autopilot I’ve only have use the waypoint mode but of the four flightplans that I’ve done so far they have been absolutely perfect! The Spark responds EXACTLY as it’s been programmed to do. I pull up the map sitting in the comfort of my home..plug in the waypoints..altitude.. and the focus triggers which are varied before I head out. After doing the research and actually it was Dave Woods comments that made me take the leap. Is it an costly app? I suppose..but for what it does and I’ve barely scratched the surface..it has great potential.
The way to go

Im glad you like it im starting to try airspace and some more advanced featurea now but have been groundes by the bad weather, happy flying keep uo the good work [emoji106][emoji106]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d beard