Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Auto pilot is it worth the 30.00??

Thanks, I've just claimed my private URL.
Anyway.... it took a while before I had the Spark doing what I wanted to do. There is a procedure to follow.
Most important thing is to first start DJI GO4, wait to you have have signal (the iPhone needs to parse with the RC and drone). Then you can close the DJI app and start Autopilot. Then you can fly without a problem
I'm a little frustrated because I can't seem to get it right.
I have recently purchased a iPad mini 3 wifi only, I have the latest Dji App installed, firm wear on controller and Spark. I purchased Autopilot about 3 days ago and spent two days reading about the program and learning its used before even trying to connect. Now that I have a decent understanding of how it works and built a few flight plans to try out (nothing complicated). I have previously uses my Samsung S8 to run the Dji Go App loaded with 4.15, and connected via OTG.. I would have minimal issues with my setup.

Today I connected the iPad mini 3 to tge spark RC for the first time using the qcode scanner. It connected and flight was seemingly fine via WiFi. I landed, swapped batteries and tried several times to run autopilot, it would show connected in the dashboard and then disconnect entirely from the drone. I had to reconnect the RC via qcode each time I tried, this went for three attempts and then I decided to ask for help. It seems like a pain in the a** to have to scan the qcode each time I connect, I never had to do that with android it was one and done. Thanks in advance for any help I can get with whatever I must be doing wrong.

I'm a little frustrated because I can't seem to get it right.
I have recently purchased a iPad mini 3 wifi only, I have the latest Dji App installed, firm wear on controller and Spark. I purchased Autopilot about 3 days ago and spent two days reading about the program and learning its used before even trying to connect. Now that I have a decent understanding of how it works and built a few flight plans to try out (nothing complicated). I have previously uses my Samsung S8 to run the Dji Go App loaded with 4.15, and connected via OTG.. I would have minimal issues with my setup.

Today I connected the iPad mini 3 to tge spark RC for the first time using the qcode scanner. It connected and flight was seemingly fine via WiFi. I landed, swapped batteries and tried several times to run autopilot, it would show connected in the dashboard and then disconnect entirely from the drone. I had to reconnect the RC via qcode each time I tried, this went for three attempts and then I decided to ask for help. It seems like a pain in the a** to have to scan the qcode each time I connect, I never had to do that with android it was one and done. Thanks in advance for any help I can get with whatever I must be doing wrong.
Drop me a mail at [email protected]. I think I know where the problem is

Reactions: Zipperhead
Drop me a mail at [email protected]. I think I know where the problem is
Thanks for the quick resolution, it seemed the manner to which I was connecting to the RC was the problem. New issue arised after I conducted a waypoint mission. The app kept running in the background and would not be forced closed, nor could I open it up. I have deleted it and plan to reinstall.

I still have not received the beta invitation yet from Kirsten so I might give up trying this app .. maybe try something different

BETA testing the latest versions I can definitely say it turns the Spark into a better quadcopter. Just my opinion and it is BETA software I am testing, however, it works very well with the Spark. You can sign up on their site to test the BETA if you would like to try before buying. I am just not sure how they go about accepting testers though, but they accepted me after a few days. The other thing you will realize using AutoPilot is that if you can do so much with a Spark, the DJI software is really dumbed down to make sure you do not buy a Spark if you want a Mavic.

Just what someone posted so I wanted to try before buying but it sounds like I would have to buy from what you are saying. Thank you for the info

I got a chance to plan and run another waypoint mission today after deleting and reloading the app. All seemed well until halfway through the mission the app crashed. I remained calm, opened up the dji go app and contracted RTH. The iPad was hard reset prior to reloading the app and all other loaded apps were closed prior to launch.

Ok
Does it work now?

Reactions: ccolt1
i requested to beta the android version a week or 2 ago, never heard back. requested to beta the IOS version yesterday, and got an invite this morning to beta test. can't wait to check it out this weekend.

Reactions: ccolt1
Yeah the flight school material is some serious stuff!! I’m constantly going back to it even though I’ve really only used the waypoint mode. The videos are good as well even though there’s really none that are Spark related. But keep it easy and simple starting out and you’ll be amazed at how much Autopilot can really do.

just curious if it is worth the 30.00 for the autopilot program and how well does it work? Does it cache the video like dji4 app? Thanks
I just purchased AP the other day and I am still in learning mode. It has a lot of features...a boat load. So do not work with spark due to the limitations of the gimble. The waypoint, target, and orbit modes work GREAT... orbit is way better than DJI program, target is sort of like a dronie but you have full control of where it goes, how fast and how high and where the camera points....much better. So, yes it is worth it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d beard