Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Autopilot 360° Panorama

SparkPete

Join
May 8, 2018
Flew a waypoint misson with my Spark yesterday. Worked out pretty nice except for the 360° panorama action I've set on a waypoint. Status continuously switched between "preparing picture 1" and "idle". Had to stop the mission and flyback manually.

Then tried a 360° Panorama on itself, not within a waypoint mission. Some behavior. Stuck on "preparing picture 1" and "idle".

A 180° panorama worked fine.

Seems the Spark cannot do a 360° panorama. If so, Autopilot should give a warning when you try instead of getting stuck.

I had this problem too but have since got it to work. For both of the Spherical panos (Spherical 180 and Spherical 360) you will have to create a custom profile and set the Vertical End to -85º since the Spark gimbal cannot tilt beyond that. Once I did this my panos worked fine both in Pano mode and as a Waypoint action. I do get the following error [Current product does not support this feature.(code:-1013)] before each shot is taken but the pano completes fine and the mission continues after the pano is shot. I have emailed Hangar support about the error but have not heard back. I also use the Frames menu at the bottom of the Pano setting pane to see if the pitch in any of the frames in my pano are greater than -85º (eg., -90º). If so, the Pano will stop at this frame and just hover as you have discovered, so it will need to be adjusted.

Aside from these minor work-a-rounds, I love AutoPilot and it is now my Go To app for panos and waypoints.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit