Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Autopilot Beta

@srcrain and
@ExMeruMoto

That's very strange. What kind of mobile do you use?
Today I did a waypoint flight with 8 WPs, also used focus triggers at each WP. Spark flew to all of the points, camera angle as desired. No jitter or other strange behavior.
After that, I tried a pano. Spark flew to the programmed height and all photos were taken.
I use an iPhone 7 with latest Autopilot (4.2 156) and latest DJI Go 4.
I am using an iPhone 6 with the OTG. All firmware up to date including most recent Autopilot (4.2.156).

Autopilot does recognize the Spark, as it says Spark connected. The jittery/stuttering flight has stopped though since the latest firmware, which didn't really mention anything related to Spark,, so that is weird.

I'm using iPhone 7+ with OTG. All firmware up to date including most recent Autopilot build (4.2.156). The software will recognize the Spark. Blackbox works OK but can't engage Waypoints, Cruise or Focus modes; it will go into RC override inmediately.

Reactions: HDOtter
Just got an email for an update to the Autopilot beta (4.2.157). Question - Even though the release notes don't mention anything Spark specific, is it possible they are making modifications in the background for Spark that aren't talked about in the release notes?

As I have no issues with normal connection via wifi (range approx. 850 m, CE mode), I didn`t use the OTG cable.
Maybe that`s the difference?

Didn`t test "Follow" with Autopilot, but it works with DJI Go4. Will test Follow by AP soon.

Reactions: His415
I got an email saying version 158 came it this morning. I'll give it a try later tonight.

Two flights today 1 x Waypoints, 1 x Follow. No issues, everything worked perfect (version 157).
iPhone 7, no OTG

Two flights today 1 x Waypoints, 1 x Follow. No issues, everything worked perfect (version 157).
iPhone 7, no OTG
Interestingly, I tried to use Autopilot with the OTG connection and it didn't work. When I connected through wifi it worked. Not sure if that is a thing or not.

Reactions: HDOtter
Found two bugs today (version 158): when spark is engaged, I shut off RC to test lost connection behavior. Instead of RTH, Spark tried to auto land. That can cause problems, when Spark is in the middle of a long mission.
Second bug: zip line. Spark flew to point A and hovered there.
Didn't flew to point B.

Found two bugs today (version 158): when spark is engaged, I shut off RC to test lost connection behavior. Instead of RTH, Spark tried to auto land. That can cause problems, when Spark is in the middle of a long mission.
Second bug: zip line. Spark flew to point A and hovered there.
Didn't flew to point B.
I had an issue running an orbit mission in Autopilot where Spark lost connection and just hovered in place. It wasn't far away so I walked closer, disconnected Autopilot, and connected DJI Go 4 to fly it back. Unlike Litchi, I thought any lost signal, even in orbit, would result in RTH. I know when you run an orbit in Litchi it doesn't RTH it auto lands.

Just signed up and downloaded the spark beta. Had done beta with my Inspire quite some time ago. Can anyone tell me what does not work the same in the Spark vs. Inspire other than the gimbal rotation? Do essentially all modes work (within the limitations of the 2-axis gimbal)? Just curious before I head out to the practice field.

@srcrain and
@ExMeruMoto

That's very strange. What kind of mobile do you use?
Today I did a waypoint flight with 8 WPs, also used focus triggers at each WP. Spark flew to all of the points, camera angle as desired. No jitter or other strange behavior.
After that, I tried a pano. Spark flew to the programmed height and all photos were taken.
I use an iPhone 7 with latest Autopilot (4.2 156) and latest DJI Go 4.

for me the pano stopped on the last image and didnt capture it, i also had to set the initial gimbal angle to -1 degrees for it to start the pano.

Tried zip line again today.
Same behavior: Spark didn't flew to point B.:(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis