Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Avoid recording on the phone

Ricardo BR

Join
Dec 19, 2017
Hi folks I've recently bought a Spark. I installed a 32g class-10 80Mb/sec micro SD to the device and would like the recordings were not placed in my phone, just in device's SD. Is it possible? Is there a setting to it?

Disable the following setting in DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Cache-To-SD-Card.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Randika and Vilco
Disable the following setting in DJI GO:

View attachment 2326

Hi msinger, my app is 4.18. General setings screen is diferent than you postes (I think) and on/offs are diferent. When I click on one of them that seems correlated it leads to some long instructions example screen. I need to study that before applying.
Do you know about these diferences I'm teling?
Even all options are marked off (not checked) I tried another video and again it has been recorded both in AC and phone.
Photos are only shown as tumbstones?

Last edited:
If you're using an Apple device, the above setting will be labeled as "Cache During Video Shooting".

Look for the "Cache to SD Card" setting.

DJI-GO-Cache-To-SD-Card.jpg

I just went trhough the tutorial and changed to wrote on the SD which is in the phone. I'll check it now. Well, if worked it will at least save space of my phone's internal memory.

Any benefit in shutting this off. Like better connection since it doesn't have to stream additional information back to the phone or is it just convenience so you can access the files and view it on the phone after flight.

Your mobile device might perform better since it'll be using less resources.
Thanks that makes sense. I have been watching YouTube videos of best settings for both the spark and Mavic and I dont recall any of the videos stating that it's best to shut it off. Then again I'm not really running the latest iPad iPhone or samung device.

I'm using a note 3 that I had instead of my personal s7.

Check out this article for tips on setting up DJI GO on an Android device.

Check out this article for tips on setting up DJI GO on an Android device.
Thanks Msinger. This is very helpful. For the most part I have already done most of it. But missed out on a couple other things. Bookmarked!

I would personally recommend leaving the cache recording on.
I know its not good quality for editing..but at least you will have some video of the last flight..if it ever decided to do a fly away..could help you to find the drone.

I would personally recommend leaving the cache recording on.
I know its not good quality for editing..but at least you will have some video of the last flight..if it ever decided to do a fly away..could help you to find the drone.

Something to be taken in consideration...

Reactions: ccolt1

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef