Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Basic Spark Comes With Remote now!

If B&H already does it then when will other stores offer the remote free as well? I keep checking Bestbuy for the same deal.
I believe it will be the new standard, best to ask a sales person. Best buy price matches anyway, so if you talk to a manager they should be able to work something out in most case scenarios.

I was in a Best Buy an hour ago, asked / told the clerk about this and he was perplexed?
Told him that B & H had it for 349.

I told him I really wasn't interested as he was checking his phone for the competitors ad but warned him that they may be getting a lot of inquiries about a "free remote".

I don't think they have any.
Uh-Oh.

Yep, I've been explaining the same point to people in the computer area for years. Everyone says they want this super great deal on the current gen processor, etc. but hem and haw because they know a newer, slightly faster one is going to come out and they wonder if they should wait for that one. Then they realize the newer one will cost more and will take a while for the price to come down so wonder if they should wait some more and it becomes a never ending cycle.

Bottom line: If you want the bleeding edge newest of anything, you're going to pay the early adopter's premium. If you want the cheapest, sweetest price on something, you're going to have to wait, which means the replacement model won't be far behind after you buy it.

I bought the Spark because it does everything I want in the price range that I was ok with spending at the time. Will I drool a bit when the Spark 2 / platinum / air / widget comes out? Sure! Will I regret buying the Spark when I did? No! It was what I wanted at a price I was ok with at the time.

If it makes you feel better, let's assume the Spark 2 will come out in 3 months. If you bought your Spark 9 months ago, you got to fly it and enjoy it for a full year before "next gen envy" kicks in. Someone just buying it today at the cheaper price is only going to fly it for 3 months before it's superseded. Then they're probably going to have way more buyers remorse / doubt about their purchase than you, despite paying a good bit less than you.

BTW, thanks @ZPFunk for sharing so others that may be in the process can benefit from your finding as well!
No prob, I just bought a basic spark at the start of January, It was and is for now the best quad in that price range hands down. I used it with my phone, returned it for the fly more combo to get the controller a week later, and since then i got another used one for $180 without controller. I dont regret any of the money i spent. Same thing with my VR setups, Have a Vive (Got is used for 550 when they were still 800) got the oculus rift on black friday sale for 350 and a lenovo explorer for 200 on cyber monday. I always buy from sellers that have a good return policy, the oculus wasnt very good, so i got my money back for it. In all of those situations i spent what i thought the product was worth to me at the time. Set your limits and stick to them. Appreciate what you have.

I was in a Best Buy an hour ago, asked / told the clerk about this and he was perplexed?
Told him that B & H had it for 349.

I told him I really wasn't interested as he was checking his phone for the competitors ad but warned him that they may be getting a lot of inquiries about a "free remote".

I don't think they have any.
Uh-Oh.

That's what I am figuring that they will not be able to match the same deal since they do not have the controllers in stock. I think I am going to just use what I got and not try and save a couple of bucks trying to return and buy.

No prob, I just bought a basic spark at the start of January, It was and is for now the best quad in that price range hands down. I used it with my phone, returned it for the fly more combo to get the controller a week later, and since then i got another used one for $180 without controller. I dont regret any of the money i spent. Same thing with my VR setups, Have a Vive (Got is used for 550 when they were still 800) got the oculus rift on black friday sale for 350 and a lenovo explorer for 200 on cyber monday. I always buy from sellers that have a good return policy, the oculus wasnt very good, so i got my money back for it. In all of those situations i spent what i thought the product was worth to me at the time. Set your limits and stick to them. Appreciate what you have.
Well, $180 for the Spark is a bargain... how?

Well, $180 for the Spark is a bargain... how?
It was in a crash and had no props, plus he couldnt get rid of it, he wanted 375 at first but since it was a risky purchase I was able to talk him down. It looked pretty beat up, but I cleaned it up and put some new 3rd party props on it(Doing a review vid on those in the next day or 2) and its looking and flying awesome so far.

It was in a crash and had no props, plus he couldnt get rid of it, he wanted 375 at first but since it was a risky purchase I was able to talk him down. It looked pretty beat up, but I cleaned it up and put some new 3rd party props on it(Doing a review vid on those in the next day or 2) and its looking and flying awesome so far.

Good deal. It seams like the Spark is well put together and it will need a hard beating to break/damage, enjoy it.
...(me)with a second drone like that I would take a little more risk

Good deal. It seams like the Spark is well put together and it will need a hard beating to break/damage, enjoy it.
...(me)with a second drone like that I would take a little more risk
lol, exactly. I have been. Im flying low and crazy with it. The thing is, ive been thinking its probably better to fly my Original Spark because it has an Amazon Warranty, and DJI care refresh, so if something happens to it, I can get it fixed. Whereas with my second spark, the repair options are limited, and i can use it if my "insured" one is getting fixed or replaced.

I just looked at B&H and nowhere do they say controller is included. I'm thinking only a DJI store thing? for 399 thats a good deal.

I may not have bought the flymore combo if they had this deal at the time. I got mine for $540 with a $100 credit at Newegg so effectively $440. At this kind of pricing it does make me question buying the DJI refresh as the insurance costs approx 1/3 of the cost of the hardware

Reactions: ZPFunk
I may not have bought the flymore combo if they had this deal at the time. I got mine for $540 with a $100 credit at Newegg so effectively $440. At this kind of pricing it does make me question buying the DJI refresh as the insurance costs approx 1/3 of the cost of the hardware
Neither would I have. I paid $595... for the FMC, + $60 for the DJI care... I dont regret it. Peace of mind is worth $60 to me lol. I will admit it took me almost the full 48 hours to decide, but th folks on this forum helped make it an easy decision.

Reactions: Frogbmth
Neither would I have. I paid $595... for the FMC, + $60 for the DJI care... I dont regret it. Peace of mind is worth $60 to me lol. I will admit it took me almost the full 48 hours to decide, but th folks on this forum helped make it an easy decision.
having said that, I also am not unhappy with what I have or what I paid. This stuff happens with tech and we just have to live with it. I'm a little surprised at how rapid it dropped. However, it does make sense with the air coming out, there needs to be a value proposition.

I haven't flown with only the smartphone. I like the idea that you can if necessary for a quick selfie or something, but I was surprised before buying it that the controller was optional, and now that I've flown it, I do feel it is a necessary piece of hardware.

I'm trying to figure out why colors are 399 at B&H and white is 349. The top color pieces are 15 bucks on Ebay so why would anyone pay 399 for the colored version?

I'm trying to figure out why colors are 399 at B&H and white is 349. The top color pieces are 15 bucks on Ebay so why would anyone pay 399 for the colored version?
Im guessing this is either a price mistake for BH, in that it is a glitch and the discount isn't showing across colors, or they have a special incentive from DJI or overstock of white ones.

I'm not sure I'd pay $50 just for a color, but from my understanding it isn't a quick easy swap to change that piece. I looked into it on mine and determined it wasn't just a few screws and I should be happy with what I have.

I got the blue at Bestbuy pricematching to B&H. I did not show them the blue model even though it was the same price and they matched it no problem. I did not open it for 6 days thinking if I should go through the hassle of returning and buying the basic unit with the free controller since it was now included. I gave up and just opened it. I just have to find time and a place to fly as my back yard is just past 1,000 ft from a prison.

I read online its 6 screws to swap the color. If B&H won't honor the price for all colors, I would just buy white and get the color piece.

Reactions: Stuck in the Air

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef