Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Battery care for long term storage

Being a dji newbie I am unfamiliar with their intelligent batteries. I stated in my second sentence that my experience is with "stupid" LiPo's. From the posts since mine I now realize I jumped to the conclusion that my Spark batteries are like all others. I didn't take into consideration the smart circuitry dji uses.
I have learned a lot on this forum. I am slowly dumping my old preconceived "facts". Please be patient. I've been around long enough to remember when the Dead Sea was only sick:rolleyes:

True, but the batteries will continue to slowly discharge when storing them for long periods of time. If you don't keep an eye on them, they could discharge to a dangerously low level and become damaged.
If that were true, batteries sitting in stores or in DJI warehouse they would discharge to a dangerously low level.

Reactions: Hddeuce03
Not true. They are deactivated... The smart technology is off. That's why u need to charge the first time u use them. No charge no statusleds.

Personally I would rather see that dji batteries wouldn't be smart. So I would be able to take care for them with my lipo chargers I'm using for rc offroad buggys and non DJI drones. Besides that, they'd probably be much cheaper without ''intelligence" circuits.
One thing is 100%: higher the C rating is, shorter the time lipos can be left 100% charged and vice versa.
Does anyone know C rating of Spark lipos?

For information, here are rough recomendations from a guy, who is real an expert for lipos, he did a lot of tests and wrote a lot of articles in our national rc community forum, he is also authorized importer for GensAce for our country:

- lipos up to 5C rating can be left fully charged for months with no damage
- lipos with up to 10C discharge rating up to 1 day
- lipos up to 25C rating up to 12 hours
- lipos with up to 45C discharge rating up to 2 hours
- lipos with up to 75C discharge rating up to 1 hour
- lipos with up to 95C rating - use them immediatelly

I treat all my lipos taking into consideration those recomendations and never had a problem at all. All my lipos still in great condition.

If that were true, batteries sitting in stores or in DJI warehouse they would discharge to a dangerously low level.
Right on. Lots of people mention this very problem in DJI forums.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme