Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Battery charging changed?

Robert

Join
Jun 26, 2017
Is anyone else experiencing different behavior with their triple charger that came with the fly more bundle. I started charging after I updated all my batteries and the 2 that had 4 bars are charging but they stopped the one that was charging first with only 3 bars. Are they set to charge the furthest along batteries first now?

Seems so.
3 batteries,
  1. 3 LEDs
  2. 2 LEDs
  3. 2 LEDs
Insert 1, starts charging -> OK
Insert 2, 1 stops, 2 starts and 1 starts again -> OK
Insert 3, 1 & 2 stops, 3 starts and 2 starts, 1 remain off -> Not same
Reinsert 1, 2 & 3 continue charging, 1 not -> Not same
Take out 3 and it start charging 1 and continue 2 -> OK
Reinsert 3 and it stop charging 1 and charge 2 & 3 -> Not same

Seems the clever idea to have a battery fully charged as soon as possible is gone.
There is a limitation in the charger that with 3 batteries inserted it takes more time. 1 or 2 batteries can be charged at full speed.

I don't see a real benefit doing this new way.

UPDATE:
After half an hour, the third battery started to charge too. So now all 3 are charging. Seems to start when all reached the same battery level. At the end, I should get all battery finish charging at same time.
So if you need urgently a battery charged, put up to 2 with the highest remaining charge possible.
If you are not in hurry, you can plug the 3, they will be all charged at the end.

Last edited:
I had the same problem and was worried that my 'Smart batteries' were busted as one of them would charge and the other wouldn't. After a bit of googling, I found it was by design.

Phew.

One more update:
I had 3 batteries depleted to 1 LED, put all on charger and the 3 have started to charge directly, as before.

You can get around it by charging 2 batteries on the smart charging slab. Then charge the 3rd via USB on the Spark itself :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar