Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Battery charging hub - micro usb port?

Pac

Join
Aug 6, 2017
Hi all!

On the left side of the hub, there is a micro usb port under a plastic cover.
I thought it might be possible to use this for charging... no luck. Even with a Quick Charge 3.0 USB charger (which is able to charge the battery when it is plugged in the Spark at 11.9V in less than one hour) I wasnt able to charge a battery in the hub. However, the hub LED turns orange after connecting power.

Anyone knows what's the deal with the microUSB port?

Only for future firmware update is the common opinion.

its a darn shame we can use it to power up and charge batts... would be nice to NOT haul around the power brick

Reactions: JD4x4
Hi all!

On the left side of the hub, there is a micro usb port under a plastic cover.
I thought it might be possible to use this for charging... no luck. Even with a Quick Charge 3.0 USB charger (which is able to charge the battery when it is plugged in the Spark at 11.9V in less than one hour) I wasnt able to charge a battery in the hub. However, the hub LED turns orange after connecting power.

Anyone knows what's the deal with the microUSB port?

The documentation specifies it is to update the charger firmware.
No updates were released yet.

Wow dont what to know what the usb port thought when I not only plugged in a 5V but also a 12V charger :)

luckily i havent tried it yet, i also thought that you can charge it with usb, why? because i asked it in the official store and the guy told me this.
i asked during the setup (i did it after purchase, directly in the shop) what this micro usb socket is for.
he answered: to charge the battery, although you may only be charging 1 and not more and it will take longer.
he is not just some random shop assistant as i know he is in charge (teamleader at least). :confused:

I am talking exactly about that hub. The guy told me that i prolly not be able to charge 3 but 1 should do.
Apparently not thus.

The charging hub draws a max of 50w via the A/C adapter.

I don't think you could push that through a single MicroUSB cable.

Yes, I also observed someone ("not me") attempt to plug in a micro usb cable only to see a red led. Its a shame. I carry around and Anker 40+ W 4 port usb charger. I would be nice to be able to recharge camera batteries, iOS devices and my Spark with one USB charger when travelling.

The charging hub draws a max of 50w via the A/C adapter.
I don't think you could push that through a single MicroUSB cable.
Yes, that's irealistic.
For normal user, please read the manual and use it as it is describe :)

Well "max 50W" doenst mean it can't charge at lower Watts. E.g. Spark through microUSB can be charged with 5W (5V 1A) or with my QC 3.0 it will charge at 19W. It would have been nice to charge battery after battery with 19W through USB instead of three at once with 50W in total, but with the brick.

As I said in previous post, even DJI teamleader in their shop thought you could charge with USB. :D

You can charge with USB. Just connect the micro USB to the spark and it will charge the battery that is currently hooked to the spark one at a time

That is not the point here, i know you can do that, but we are talking about usb port on the battery hub.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast