Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Battery doesn't charge after failed firmware update

rs65

Join
Dec 17, 2017
Loc
Key Biscayne, FL
Only two center leds are on, but doesn't work at all.
I've tried to charge it all night but nothing happens.
Battery was working perfect before firmware update.
What can I do to make it work again?
Thx.

I've already had it, doesn't work either. I've spent 40 minutes chatting with DJI support and will send me a new battery. Can't believe it that's there's no way to reset the battery in order to start over the firmware update process :oops: Thanks anyway.

Glad to hear that you're getting a new battery. One time I had a battery that was at three bars and I tried to top it off but the charger would just shut off. I put the battery in the Spark and flew it down to one bar - 30% - and then it charged to four bars. You might want to try it and see if you end up with an extra battery.

Well, bad news. DJI answered me that will charge me $49 for a new battery because is "out of warranty" I've bought it in December 2017 and flew my Spark no more than 20 times. It's really unacceptable from DJI, I didn't do anything wrong, the firmware failed and the battery never worked since then (before the process it was Ok) So, to be honest, I want to sell my Spark (with Care Refresh included) and don't want to get related with this guys again. Very disappointed :mad:

did you try a short "short circuit" just a little , maybe the batt can auto reset with the short circuit,

Reactions: rs65
did you try a short "short circuit" just a little , maybe the batt can auto reset with the short circuit,
The short circuit trick has worked for me in the past but not with the 'smart' dji batteries, just standard Lipo batteries for rc cars. One thing that has resurrected a dji battery for me was to fully discharge using a car headlight bulb with a couple of wires soldered to it. Connect it to the battery and leave it on until the bulb goes out. This uses the internal protection in the battery to stop discharging too low, without the spark electronic protection cutting in. When the light goes out, connect the battery to your charger as normal. It worked for me and the battery recharged fully. I now use this method on my batteries every 10 charges or so. I am told it maximises charge and extends the life of the batteries. No guarantees but it worked for me.

Reactions: rs65
Hello,

Try this steps:
  1. Plug in your Surface.
  2. In the search box at the bottom of the screen, enter device manager, and in the search results, select Device Manager.
  3. Select the arrow next to the Batteries category.
  4. Double-click Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.
  5. Select the Driver tab, and select Uninstall > OK. (Or you can right-click Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery, and selectUninstall.) Step 6:Leave your Surface plugged in.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme