Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Battery falls off ? Really ?

zenfly

Join
Jun 23, 2019
We've had the Spark for a week and have been reading and youtube on the learning curve.. I just came across the battery falling off problem. In google search / images there are pics of the old battery catches and new that are ever so slightly longer. It appears I have the new improved ones. Can anyone shed some light on the success of the new catches? Have any more fallen off ? Has anyone heard of DJI replacing a Spark and Battery for those unfortunate crashes?

I have 2 "new style" and one "old style." Make sure they're locked solidly in place. If you're worried, get a clip.

I 3d printed one I found on thingiverse. That was a miserable failure.

We've had the Spark for a week and have been reading and youtube on the learning curve.. I just came across the battery falling off problem. In google search / images there are pics of the old battery catches and new that are ever so slightly longer. It appears I have the new improved ones. Can anyone shed some light on the success of the new catches? Have any more fallen off ? Has anyone heard of DJI replacing a Spark and Battery for those unfortunate crashes?

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, zenfly

Good for you to take the time and research the Spark and it's history.

I'm up to nine batteries of the old design and have not had any problems with them.

At first, I just put them on like you are supposed to and all is fine.

After reading a handful of posts about batteries falling off, I then jumped on the band wagon and purchased a battery clip. Cheap and effective.

But I like using the prop guards when flying but they won't fit with most battery clips.

So I found a posts about using a rubber O ring to secure the battery, and that allows the prop guards to be used.

Since the weather has been nice the past few months, I have not used the clips or O rings and don't believe I'm going to have any problems as I do a Plug n' Tug on each battery change, like it shows in the manual.

I have been flying since July 2017 and all is well (so far). :)

If you feel safer with an accessory, go for it, but it may not be necessary if the battery installation and removal process is done correctly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChunGreenh