Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Battery disconnected mid flight

well the simple way is usually the best way I wish i had come up with the O ring although simple its genius

Yes, i appreciate that way as well and would like to get an o-ring. What size is best for the spark?
i would think just head down to the parts store with your spark and get some one to help you find the one you need . i know me I.ll have to get a half dozen

I had one over the large lake by my home, battery came off and in the water it went, I did contact DJI and sent them all the data they requested, and within a week they said they would replace it for free, I have a new spark now and am very happy, But I never fly unless I have secured my battery with a clip first.

Found this...Looks very good.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07C4M3949/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A1BPPQ9788JIQY&psc=1
f3ypo5.jpg

PACO :)

Reactions: Hddeuce03
I have both the new and old style of Spark Batteries. I have never have one come lose or fall off. I have noticed that sometimes you have to be careful and make sure the battery snaps on fully. I can see how if rushed the battery may not attach correctly. It's all about taking care and double checking the battery to see if it's been placed correctly. I always give the battery a hard tug before launching to make sure it's attached.

One final note, I have sent a few "NEW" batteries back to the source for not clicking on as firmly as some others that I have received. It seems new or old style batteries from DJI are not produced with very close tolerances thus batteries can be better than others with regards to clicking and then staying on the drone.

Regards,

Walt
I was about to post the same thing. I noticed from the start that the battery needs a solid push to lock in place. I think one could quickly put it on and not notice it's not locked. I always give it a good shove, like seating the magazine in a pistol.

I was flying my Spark straight up, nothing fancy, getting a shot above a mountain creek. Luckily l didn't fly away over any trees or anything. At over 100 feet the drone disconnected from my remote and I heard two splashes. I thought maybe someone was throwing rocks into the creek, but when I looked up I couldn't see my drone anymore. I looked where i heard the splashes and saw the bright blue of my drone. One of my friends dove for it (about 3 feet of water) and discovered the battery was absent. Luckily the battery is slightly brighter grey than the creek floor, so it was found easily.

Has anyone had issues with the battery coming unclipped from their Spark before? This is new to me.

As a sign of how resilient this drone is, after a couple days of drying it was able to reconnect and now flies perfectly, even after being under water for several minutes and falling over 100 feet.

I just got my spark two weeks ago and took it for a test flight tested the battery fit and looked and felt good. But on I think I hovered too long just testing the controller, just of the ground and the battery dropped out. No damage landed on grass. I now have purchased a battery clamp for insurance. I think DJI should address the situation with supplying Spark owners with either a recall or battery clips. Others my not be so lucky.

I was flying my Spark straight up, nothing fancy, getting a shot above a mountain creek. Luckily l didn't fly away over any trees or anything. At over 100 feet the drone disconnected from my remote and I heard two splashes. I thought maybe someone was throwing rocks into the creek, but when I looked up I couldn't see my drone anymore. I looked where i heard the splashes and saw the bright blue of my drone. One of my friends dove for it (about 3 feet of water) and discovered the battery was absent. Luckily the battery is slightly brighter grey than the creek floor, so it was found easily.

Has anyone had issues with the battery coming unclipped from their Spark before? This is new to me.

As a sign of how resilient this drone is, after a couple days of drying it was able to reconnect and now flies perfectly, even after being under water for several minutes and falling over 100 feet.
Here is a very cheap and simple solution, check out "Battery Bundle Fastener Anti-slip Straps Lock For DJI Spark" on eBay.

Sparky234, I have a 3dr printer and make a very lightweight clip to stop that from happening again. private message me your address and I'll send you a couple clips....

MRReddog, that's awfully nice of you! Love it when I see kindness like that in a community! Very cool!

I firmly press my battery in to lock it with both thumbs while holding Blitzy. I wonder how many just slide them in using their index finger and thumb until something clicks?

I firmly press my battery in to lock it with both thumbs while holding Blitzy. I wonder how many just slide them in using their index finger and thumb until something clicks?

This is what I do also. I use both thumbs and then a tug on the battery. It says to do it that way in the manual. I have lots of flights with no problem, but I just started using the eBay strap for added perfection and piece of mind. I have 4 batteries right now with no problems. They are a mix of old clips and new. But I think dji should do something if they know of this problem.

I have 14 flights on my Spark with no issues. Took the drone out to the country today to fly while daughter was at a 4 hour softball practice. I launched the drone in beginner mode and went out about 100 feet and 25 up. As I was turning the drone the battery fell off. I saw it come down to the ground and spent an hour searching the field, but I was unable to locate the drone, grass was about 4 feet tall. Used the app and last known locations but for the life of me I was not able to locate it. I am not a frequent flyer and I would say much a beginner and I am extremely cautious when flying the Spark . I have never had any issues until today and viewing the forum this seems to be an issue I was unaware of. I bought the Spark in November 2017 with the DJI Care, not sure what to do at this point. Pretty frustrstung to spend $700 only to have it lost from an issue with DJI Spark batteries. Extremely disappointed in DJI, I see now there is an aftermarket accessory to hold the battery in place, but if this was an issue perhaps DJI should have included this is their Fly More Combo. Sorry about the rant, but big failure for DJI!

My Sparky lost his battery above the ocean from 30 feet high and was lying in the drink at 10 feet for 10 minutes before we could dive it up. I rinsed and dried it out but it feels that it is not ok. It does startup again but it makes some strange noises. Reported to DJI but no reply yet to what to do next

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, Aweefreeman.

Unfortunately salt water does, and will continue to do damage to the electronics to the point of failure.

If it did fire up and fly, I'd keep a close eye on it because the corrosion will continue over time.

Hopefully DJI will give you options for a replacement.

Welcome to the Forum.:cool:

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, Aweefreeman.

Unfortunately salt water does, and will continue to do damage to the electronics to the point of failure.

If it did fire up and fly, I'd keep a close eye on it because the corrosion will continue over time.

Hopefully DJI will give you options for a replacement.

Welcome to the Forum.:cool:
DJI is requesting it in for investigation and possible repairs. We will see, send in the flightplan which clearly shows a midair cutoff at a height of 188ft
1539178090028.png

Reactions: Spark 317

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast