Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Battery Q's

Paul60

Join
Oct 24, 2017
Wow, the battery run time on my Spark is not good.

All I did, (after fully charging it), was to register it and set it up with my iPhone & Go app, do some calibration setups and then a couple of really short test hops in my study.

I just got it out and its down to one battery indicator light ?

Also, It seems to take forever to charge. My P3S charges in about 40 mins.

Have I got a faulty battery ?

Please check the battery info with the go app.
In particular the capacity and if the cell voltage is the same on the three cells.
A full battery says about 1450mAh, 4.35V on all three cells

Thanks guys.

Is it possible there is a slow drain on the battery if left in the Spark overnight or for a day or two ?

@Paul60 do you have fly more combo, or just the spark itself? It take forever to charge battery inside drone via usb, but with charger in fly more combo it takes 52 minutes to fully charge one battery, 55 minutes when charging two batteries and 85.2 minutes when charging three batteries at the same time, which is quite good for me (although still a lot, compared to 40 min P3S).

Also, you won't notice much drain after day or two. I often use my batteries 7-8 days after last charging and they are fully charged. I'm trying to use them before 10 days period, after which batteries will be slowly discharged and put into hibernating state (even though I know it's possible to reset this 10-day countdown simply by pressing battery button).

Thanks Nazorbeats,

I have the flymore combo but have been using the USB with my iPhone charger plugged into the mains.

I thought that might crank out a bit more than trying to charge from a laptops USB

I'll setup the charging dock and power supply as suggested.

Cheers

Paul.

Reactions: nazorbeats
@Paul60 do you have fly more combo, or just the spark itself? It take forever to charge battery inside drone via usb, but with charger in fly more combo it takes 52 minutes to fully charge one battery, 55 minutes when charging two batteries and 85.2 minutes when charging three batteries at the same time, which is quite good for me (although still a lot, compared to 40 min P3S).

Also, you won't notice much drain after day or two. I often use my batteries 7-8 days after last charging and they are fully charged. I'm trying to use them before 10 days period, after which batteries will be slowly discharged and put into hibernating state (even though I know it's possible to reset this 10-day countdown simply by pressing battery button).

Just the info I was looking for. Can anyone else validate this range? It makes a difference for me as I will be out of country and know I need more than two batteries for rotating charging to keep the drone available on the boat just trying to figure out what the cycle times are so I can tell (I'm new, but yes I know that more are better!). I'm thinking four to seven batteries rotating them at 20%. Any help greatly appreciated. I have the Fly More combo. With a few flights in I think I'll be upgrading to the Mavic Air in the next few months for battery capacity/flight time reasons. Or to whatever is rumored to be coming in the DJI "prosumer" lines.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar