Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Battery question

Highflyer

Join
Nov 10, 2018
Loc
Sanborn, Mn (USA)
when properly charged and taken care of what is the average lifespan of these batteries?

Thanks, Jeff :cool:

when properly charged and taken care of what is the average lifespan of these batteries?

Thanks, Jeff :cool:

The lifespan of lithium polymer batteries is measured in complete charging cycles rather than months or years.

Well maintained LiPo batteries last from 300-500 complete charge cycles. As you don't usually allow complete discharge you are only performing partial charges -- so the total number of charges will therefore be greater. The battery won't be dead at this point but around 80% of original capacity with markedly reduced performance and reliability.

The Spark has only been released for 18+ months so you would have had to fly it about every day to "wear out" a battery.

They auto discharge starting at about 6 days of idle storage - as long as you don't repeatedly run them too far down and don't expose to extreme temps you'll have no issues.

great thank you :) I wish my bigger 6000 mAh LiPo's I use on my hex would last that long.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bornzero2none