Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Bay Area

Laserjock

Join
Jan 10, 2018
Hi all. Fremont Niles District here.
I live against the hills and I've taken my Spark along the hillside from my front yard. I guess technically the hills are part of Garin regional park and are off-limits to drones. :) I fly mostly in the Sierras, specifically at and around my cabin in the Arnold/Blue Lake Springs area. I'm curious how many here have registered your drone with the FAA?

Some first video footage of a local lake. I figured out the difference between FPV and Follow mode after I made this video.

-LJ-

Eljay

Join
Nov 29, 2017
Yeah so Garin is EBRPD although if you're just overflying it and not standing on their land it's not at all clear to me there's anything they can do about it.

re: registering, it's a good idea. It's $5, it's actually you that's registered not the drone if you're not commercial, and it turns out if you crash your drone into something important DJI can trace the owner through almost no information (Google that story about the helicopter that hit a drone and they pulled the serial # from a motor and ID'd the guy).

maxters

Join
Dec 15, 2017
UAS Aircraft may fly in G airspace. If you or your aircraft end up on their property they can fine you according to their land use rules.

Roger S

Join
Apr 6, 2018
I getting tired of looking at the tops of redwood trees here in the Santa Cruz mountains. I'm trying to get up the nerve to start shooting some surf action like flying getting the drome tubed. The closest I've gotten so far is flying over my swimming pool.

ArizonaSlim

Join
Jan 5, 2019
Pleasanton checking in. Anyone know anywhere near the Pleasanton/Dublin/Livermore area to fly?

petercockroach

Join
Jan 17, 2019
San Mateo here! Just got my Spark and having troubles finding safe areas to fly on the peninsula. Looking forward to piloting though!

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swindall