Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Bay Area

Hi all. Fremont Niles District here.
I live against the hills and I've taken my Spark along the hillside from my front yard. I guess technically the hills are part of Garin regional park and are off-limits to drones. :) I fly mostly in the Sierras, specifically at and around my cabin in the Arnold/Blue Lake Springs area. I'm curious how many here have registered your drone with the FAA?

Some first video footage of a local lake. I figured out the difference between FPV and Follow mode after I made this video.

-LJ-

Yeah so Garin is EBRPD although if you're just overflying it and not standing on their land it's not at all clear to me there's anything they can do about it.

re: registering, it's a good idea. It's $5, it's actually you that's registered not the drone if you're not commercial, and it turns out if you crash your drone into something important DJI can trace the owner through almost no information (Google that story about the helicopter that hit a drone and they pulled the serial # from a motor and ID'd the guy).

UAS Aircraft may fly in G airspace. If you or your aircraft end up on their property they can fine you according to their land use rules.

I getting tired of looking at the tops of redwood trees here in the Santa Cruz mountains. I'm trying to get up the nerve to start shooting some surf action like flying getting the drome tubed. The closest I've gotten so far is flying over my swimming pool.

San Mateo here! Just got my Spark and having troubles finding safe areas to fly on the peninsula. Looking forward to piloting though!

San Leandro, Assumption Parish. I'm in.
Hey lanw58 - I’m also in San Leandro. I’m a newbie (expecting my dji Spark w/fly more combo) on 9/16. If you are interested in flying sometime, let me know. I’m sure I’ll need all the pointers I can get. Have you ever flown at Treasure Island? I know they have a Drone school out there. I’m looking to fly out there when I fill comfortable enough and get some flight time under me.

San Leandro Area...would love to meet other spark pilots to fly with. I must say I’m a newbie to the drone world and would like to be educated on piloting my spark! Thanks for the warm welcome!

I'm in San Leandro as well. The best place I've found for general learning / casual flying is Knowland Park in Oakland. Once you get past the new zoo area you're more than 5 miles from any airport, there's a nice mix of terrain, it's pretty, and there's not a ton of people. Obviously you want to stay well away from the zoo but it's a huge park.

Hey lanw58 - I’m also in San Leandro. I’m a newbie (expecting my dji Spark w/fly more combo) on 9/16. If you are interested in flying sometime, let me know. I’m sure I’ll need all the pointers I can get. Have you ever flown at Treasure Island? I know they have a Drone school out there. I’m looking to fly out there when I fill comfortable enough and get some flight time under me.
Yes you can fly at Treasure Island

I'm in San Leandro as well. The best place I've found for general learning / casual flying is Knowland Park in Oakland. Once you get past the new zoo area you're more than 5 miles from any airport, there's a nice mix of terrain, it's pretty, and there's not a ton of people. Obviously you want to stay well away from the zoo but it's a huge park.
Yes you can fly at Treasure Island
Thanks sbpfoto!

Look at 22m that's the area you can fly, Happy Flying.
Thanks for the info sbpfoto! Let me know if you want fly sometime...fyi, I’m a newbie:).

Thanks for the info sbpfoto! Let me know if you want fly sometime...fyi, I’m a newbie:).
Well, I had my very first flight today at Halcyon Park in San Leandro, Ca today....and...I’m Hooked!!! I can’t believe how easy it was to fly. I drained a battery in Beginner mode (I’m a true beginner), 2nd battery I flew in P-mode, 3rd and 4th batteries I was in Sport mode. Stabilization was phenomenal in the wind. I had backwards flying enabled, it took a couple minutes to remember which way to turn when doing so, but I found it pretty easy after a few minutes. I’d like to thank this great community for answering the few questions I had to get me on my way, you guys rock!!!
Thanks sbpfoto!
Well, I had my very first flight today at Halcyon Park in San Leandro, Ca today....and...I’m Hooked!!! I can’t believe how easy it was to fly. I drained a battery in Beginner mode (I’m a true beginner), 2nd battery I flew in P-mode, 3rd and 4th batteries I was in Sport mode. Stabilization was phenomenal in the wind. I had backwards flying enabled, it took a couple minutes to remember which way to turn when doing so, but I found it pretty easy after a few minutes. I’d like to thank this great community for answering the few questions I had to get me on my way, you guys rock!!!

Reactions: RotorWash
Nice Pic! Unfortunately if you read Spar317 response, it states fling over Pier 39 is no longer allowed...how Pier 39 thinks they control the airspace is beyond me!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme