Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

be be beep...be be beep... what’s going on?

mabo

Join
Sep 17, 2018
Hi all. I launched my spark from my hand, as usual, and as soon as it began hovering it started beeping, the kind of signal when it is too close to an object (or was it the kind of signal of RTH?). I decided to lift it up at 7 meters. The beep kept going on. I decided to land immediately and had no problems in doing so. I was in an open space and all my software is updated. The flight log seems normal: gps mode, 17 satellites, home point recorded on the map. The only thing possibly missing was the usual message ‘home point has been updated’. That was the second occurrence in a week of this phenomenon. Any suggestions of what might have happened is welcome.

The changing light pattern on the drone can often tell you the nature of that alarm. Several good YouTube videos on this subject.

Usually any movement of RC sticks will cancel Obstacle Avoidance alarm if there is truly no obstacle.

Dirt, fingerprint smudges or harsh direct sunlight can cause false positive for OA sensor. Clean carefully with microfiber cloth and keep front of aircraft pointed away from strong sun.

If that doesn't work please provide audio clip of alarm and describe light pattern for more help

Thank you Andre for your kind reply.
I'd rule out dirt, fingerprints smudges; I'd bet on harsh light I did not take into account: I was flying close to a large body of water and reflected light could have played a role.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast