Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Before and After

AirCam

Join
May 29, 2018
Loc
Florida
I won't have internet access for about 2 more months, but here Is one post I hope you will find interesting.
The missions didn't fly exactly the same because of different wind conditions, but here is Panama City, Florida before and after Hurricane Michael.

Before:

After:

That is so hard to look at. I cannot imagine how people feel after so much weather related carnage. My heart goes out to everyone there and anywhere that is affected by these horrific storms. Yes, it does look like you were very lucky indeed.

Hurricanes and Earthquakes... 2 reasons I live on 52 acres in the direct center of Texas. Yeah, we have tornadoes, but those are easy enough to avoid or build sturdy enough to withstand all but an F5. My sympathies def go out to those in the gulf and SE seaboard... same with the Naw'lins area and Houston which are still in recovery/rebuild mode, and will be for some time to come.

Excellent flight over a terrible scene. Wondering if you'd have the opportunity to do Mexico Beach or not.... so sad.
Law enforcement won't let anyone into Mexico Beach without proof of residency in Mexico Beach. I can see all of the bad stuff I can deal with right here in Panama City.

That looked like a long flight, time and distance, I've not done anywhere near that with mine, not sure it will in the UK with our restrictions.

Great video, scary to see the damage.

Super video !!! Excellent documentation. How much damage did your home have?

Super video !!! Excellent documentation. How much damage did your home have?

Roof, ceiling, kitchen and dining room flooring, living room carpet, fireplace chimney, video security cameras, Davis weather station, garage door and opener, 23 mature trees, privacy fence, lanai screens and fan, storage building, electrical service entrance. I have gone thru 5 chains and 2 bars on the Stihl chainsaw. And I wasn't kidding when I said we were some of the luckier ones. At least, I slept in my own bed last night and ate breakfast that was cooked in my own kitchen. A lot of people here stand in line to get every meal from one of the disaster relief agencies. My most distressing problem has been lack of internet. I guess that puts things in pretty good perspective.

Reactions: Moofer
Roof, ceiling, kitchen and dining room flooring, living room carpet, fireplace chimney, video security cameras, Davis weather station, garage door and opener, 23 mature trees, privacy fence, lanai screens and fan, storage building, electrical service entrance. I have gone thru 5 chains and 2 bars on the Stihl chainsaw. And I wasn't kidding when I said we were some of the luckier ones. At least, I slept in my own bed last night and ate breakfast that was cooked in my own kitchen. A lot of people here stand in line to get every meal from one of the disaster relief agencies. My most distressing problem has been lack of internet. I guess that puts things in pretty good perspective.

Wow... It sure puts things in perspective, but look on the bright side, you were able to eat and sleep in your own home.
Which Stihl do you have?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar