Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Best Manual Settings for Fireworks

pmshop

Spark Pilot Guru
Premium Pilot
Join
Oct 6, 2017
Loc
Fredericksburg, Texas, USA
Web
www.youtube.com
After three years of asking to fly during the local 4th of July Fireworks display, the city FINALLY gave me permission!.

Any tips on some good manual settings?
I will be roughly 1800 feet (305m) away from the launch site and 350 feet (106m) up.

Reactions: KevTN
Well i searched the web and i found a tutorial for camera settings in general for dji drones:

. Camera Settings.

Now the important stuff, the drone camera settings! Filming in the dark is never easy, and being 300ft in air never improves the situation. Nailing these points will help steady the ship.

Slow the shutter. the fireworks are going to come thick and fast. You want as much light to hit the sensor without it being too blurry, you also don’t want a series of photographs. You want the shutter to be no quicker than 1/50th of a second.

Frame rate is your friend…or maybe your foe. If you want slow-motion, you need to film in a high frame rate 50 to 96 fps, then edit back to 24fps for a buttery flow. If you shoot 24fps in camera, then try and slow in post edit, you just get stilted garbage. Make sure you think ahead.

Aperture. If you’ve got it, use it. Not available on the DJI Mavic Pro, but if using the Phantom 4 Pro or Inspire 1 Pro, et it as wide open as possible. More light in, the better.

Exposure needs to be controlled via your ISO. I know, you don’t want the noise, but options are limited when shooting at night. With the DJI Mavic Pro you will want to set the ISO at 1600. Keep checking the screen, don’t be afraid to move it higher if needed.

White Balance is the last thing you want moving around while shoot fireworks. Move it off auto and set to “Daylight” or equivalent kelvin value you are happy with.

Colour setting is down to person choice and how competent you are with colour correcting. If you have the time and skill, shoot in D-Log and you can play all day long in premiere pro popping the colours. If you want a quick turn around, using the vivid option in the DJI Mavic Pro colour set could be an option.

Source: How to video fireworks with your DJI Drone - ikopta

Reactions: pmshop and dudez
I think bullet 5 is going to be the key...play with the settings as they go off.
Because again, That said a whole lot of nothing.
Sure it has good tips but I'm looking for "Hey, I flew fireworks last year and 1600ISO with a shutter of 60 worked for me" type comment.

I appreciate you looking for sure.

I just can't seem to find anything "Spark specific".
And I don't think I can swing a Mavic Air before the 4th.
Nor do I think I could find anything "MA specific" because of the Jan 28th release.

I just did a show a few weeks ago and filmed with my Air. I left the camera settings on Auto. Started low (75') then went up to about 175'. This was just one of my smaller shows that fit the time frame for recording. My 4th of July Show is around 25.minutes. I have a ton of shows coming up and plan to use the drone as much as I can.

Reactions: sickno and pmshop

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme