Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Best waypoint app, with coord's, for a Spark???

BrianP

Join
Jan 27, 2018
been away from flying for a while ...
What's the best waypoint app for the Spark please?
Ideally I would like to input gps coordinates (or pick a point on the screen and have the coordinates show,), and have the Spark's position show on screen.

cheers!

Been using Litchi for three years - great app and lots of options. Also, you can use Litchi's Mission Hub on your desktop (or Laptop) to plan your autonomous flight path and POI's and then sync it with the device you use to fly your Spark. Makes a big difference in terms of ease and functionality.

Reactions: TerenceM
been away from flying for a while ...
What's the best waypoint app for the Spark please?
Ideally I would like to input gps coordinates (or pick a point on the screen and have the coordinates show,), and have the Spark's position show on screen.

cheers!

Litchi with Google Earth KML files.

Litchi with Google Earth KML files.
Yes. this is an especially import step if you're flying around uneven terrain. My first mission I planned was to go fly around the property. I exported the mission to a KML file and imported it into Google Earth. While looking at the yellow line (flight path) I noticed it disappeared into the side of the mountain and reappeared on the other side, even though I had checked the box to fly 200 feet above the ground for each waypoint. Well, the rookie mistake was not putting a waypoint on top of the mountain ridge so that the flight path would go over the mountain instead of through it. If I had not checked the mission in Google Earth the drone would have either crashed into the mountainside or I would have to cancel the mission mid flight when I noticed the drone heading straight for the mountainside.

And I just remembered another plus for Litchi is their mission hub you run via a web browser on a PC as TBJC75 mentioned and also within the MIssion Hub is the option to share and use other missions created by the Litchi community, some even have videos of the mission flight.

thank you all for pointers and recommendations.

Last edited:
I use DJI Mission for waypoints design and DJI Go 4 MOD to fly them. The greatest thing about them is that the waypoints are uploaded into your Spark and the aircraft is guaranteed to follow and finish your route even when you lost the signal between the RC and AC. Just make sure you have researched the routes for any tall structures.

Also, make sure when you lost the signal and the app asked you to RTH, DO NOT PRESS YES/OK. That dialog will be closed automatically when you regain your signal.

For each waypoint you can set the heading and altitude, but not the gimbal. You can relax while the aircraft is following your route. You just need to focus on the gimbal up/down position.

Here is a route that I flied yesterday:

Screenshot_20190414-095605.png

And here is the result:

I may have got a bit cocky here :p and as you may have guessed, I lost the signal several times flying in dense residential areas. Even though I know the aircraft will reach the final waypoint, it was still bad for my nerve. It's a rather extreme example, so no I don't think I will repeat that kind of flight unless I totally need to.

I wonder why they make it haed for a guy like me to use these apps i use litchi its very easy . tell me does this record the flight to your devixe?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme