Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Bird

Bentron

Join
Oct 16, 2018
At 2:32 a bird swoops my spark, it got bloody close, it swooped a few more times but it didn’t record it. Has anyone ever had a bird take out there drone??

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, Bentron.

I don't see a video but most birds are just curious but I've read that seagulls can be a pain.
What do you expect from a flying rat? Lol.

I fly with the prop guards on as it makes the Spark easier to see during the flight and appear larger so maybe a bird would be intimidated by it.

Also, if a bird did nudge the Spark, it may hit the guards and not the props, keeping it airborne.

Worst case is that you have a bird strike, taking it out, and the guards may absorb and dissipate the impact with the ground like an Indy car smashing a wall.

Keep in mind, Sport Mode on the remote is your friend if you need to get the heck out of a situation fast.

Welcome to the Forum.:cool:

Last edited:
Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, Bentron.

I don't see a video but most birds are just curious but I've read that seagulls can be a pain.
What do you expect from a flying rat? Lol.

I fly with the prop guards on as it makes the Spark easier to see during the flight and appear larger so maybe a bird would be intimidated by it.

Also, if a bird did nudge the Spark, it may hit the guards and not the props, keeping it airborne.

Worst case is that you have a bird strike, taking it out, and the guards may absorb and dissipate the impact with the ground like an Indy car smashing a wall.

Keep in mind, Sport Mode on the remote is your friend if you need to get the heck out of a situation fast.

Welcome to the Forum.:cool:[/

Cheers for the reply, I tried to upload a video of it a few times but I couldn’t. I don’t normally fly it with the guards on but I think I mite now

I tried to upload a video of it a few times but I couldn’t.

Create a YouTube or Vimeo channel then post the link back to here.

Pictures can be directly uploaded but not video.

Wow. If you blinked, you'd miss it.

I can't remember who on this Forum posted this collection of still frames from his video but I thought it was cool and grabbed it.

Composite_Image_v1_1920x1280_Signed.jpg

Check out the perfect alignment of the head eye balling the camera.

Photo credit to JoostGT3.

Last edited:
I’ve had a lot of interest From seagulls and Oyster catchers! I try to avoid early mornings around certain parts of the S coast as it seems to make them go crazy! My concern is one could knock it up on end therefore killing the motors. My normal tactic is to fly up as quickly as I can. Liked the idea in this thread of a quick switch to sports mode too!77A441D6-33CD-4FB2-8DD7-B5129BEC4158.jpeg

I have had Gull`s follow my drone and do flyby`s but they never seem to come in closer than 15 feet.

Wow. If you blinked, you'd miss it.

I can't remember who on this Forum posted this collection of still frames from his video but I thought it was cool and grabbed it.

View attachment 7250

Check out the perfect alignment of the head eye balling the camera.

Photo credit to JoostGT3.

Haha, hey! I recognize that image!
The video is here:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast