Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Brand new to Spark, only able to fly in Atti mode?

DalyTek

Join
May 10, 2022
I am brand new to the Spark, so please forgive my ignorance.
I got this Spark used, and was able to get it up and running, but when I try to fly it's in Atti mode, and I cannot figure out how to get it out of Atti mode.
Searches online show it should take effort to get it INTO Atti mode, but mine does not seem to show any other options.
What do I do?

Either A) The GPS receiver in your Spark is bad or B) the Spark is not receiving GPS signals from the satellites. Are you indoors? Have you taken it outdoors in the clear (say to a park with no trees overhead), powered it up and let it sit there for a couple of minutes without taking off? See if it that works. I'm also assuming your have painted the top of the Spark with metal-based paint, or anything that would obstruct the signals from the satellites. My Spark locks to the satellites within 60 seconds of powering on, even if I move it to a new location.

Either A) The GPS receiver in your Spark is bad or B) the Spark is not receiving GPS signals from the satellites. Are you indoors? Have you taken it outdoors in the clear (say to a park with no trees overhead), powered it up and let it sit there for a couple of minutes without taking off? See if it that works. I'm also assuming your have painted the top of the Spark with metal-based paint, or anything that would obstruct the signals from the satellites. My Spark locks to the satellites within 60 seconds of powering on, even if I move it to a new location.
I am trying to fly it in my front yard. It shows that it finds about 5-7 satellites then switches to Atti mode. It has not been painted at all. Maybe it's just where my yard is located?

5-7 satellite is just not enough... The apps is set to a
minimum of 8 sats for a "green light".
Unless you did your flight under a good cloud cover,
like Jim said, be sure you didn't add a skin on the body
that could interfere the antennas.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme