Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

BUMMER

Sadness - you need to try Litchi for future trips.
You have a lot more range than you think because the Spark becomes autonomous - flies with internal programming from Litchi.
Loads the flight plan to the Spark and when it loses connection, it continues with the mission:

But you need more time than a week to build up confidence.
That video is combined efforts and nerves from 3 years flying autonomous missions.
Just offered the info because I had no idea what experience you have.

In your shoes, I would go up 300 at the launch point I indicated and pan around slowly in Tripod mode, look around.

Maybe a few pano pics up there.
Should be able to see something from there.
Drone Harmony sounds like it could do a better job. Have any of you considered it? I think it's free.

Even with the FAA 107 you also need to apply to Transport Canada for a SFOC before you can fly here. Happy to read you won't be breaking the rules - that is why we have all these regulations in the first place. Remember that drones are aircraft not toys.

Taking a Vacation next week to Mackinac Island and Niagara Falls. Did my research and it looks like I can’t fly near the falls, and on top of that I can’t fly at all in Canada without a Part 107. I haven’t checked into Mackinac Island. BUMMER

They do have a work around for people out of country!

Check out Steve’s video!

As I mentioned above, all out -of-country done pilots must apply to Transport Canada for an SFOC. There is no indication yet how long this process will take.

As I mentioned above, all out -of-country done pilots must apply to Transport Canada for an SFOC. There is no indication yet how long this process will take.

Anything that I have passed from Transport Canada I have received a certificate immediately via download. And the test are not very long at all.

This is not an online exam. You submit paperwork to TC and apply for an SFOC which is an operating certificate required to fly outside the CARS Part IX rules.

Taking a Vacation next week to Mackinac Island and Niagara Falls. Did my research and it looks like I can’t fly near the falls, and on top of that I can’t fly at all in Canada without a Part 107. I haven’t checked into Mackinac Island. BUMMER
Yeh, sorry, it kinda sucks. Fly in Wyoming instead ?!

I wonder what USA pilots do when they want to fly an airplane to Canada. I imagine some do.

They do have a work around for people out of country!

Check out Steve’s video!

I can't believe you don't find all this ridiculous. The drone has a flight log recorded within it. More ridiculous is the image of a field without even as much as a bird and some bureaucrat wants all that safety sh!t and paper work.
If you purchased a gun and shot targets in that field, there would be nothing else to do but clean it afterward.
Politicians have and continue to lie about the safety of RC models and UAVs because nice people are complicit.

I can't believe you don't find all this ridiculous. The drone has a flight log recorded within it. More ridiculous is the image of a field without even as much as a bird and some bureaucrat wants all that safety sh!t and paper work.
If you purchased a gun and shot targets in that field, there would be nothing else to do but clean it afterward.
Politicians have and continue to lie about the safety of RC models and UAVs because nice people are complicit.

Generally, politicians do things for the applause of the people.

Well, complicit is the only way to keep your $1000 it seems. I am not very happy with our new rules, but at the end of the day, I am not about to give up flying. There is a good app that is for sale on Play/iOS stores, called Drone Pilot Canada, which allows you to manage all of the rules and regs that Steve talks about in his great video. The app is a good resource for Canadians as it more accurately depicts the restricted airspaces, sometimes AirMap has it wrong, as does DJI. It allows you to upload all the docs you need, and will provide visible checklist and logging compliance.

I am saddened that visitors are hobbled by our new rules, certainly not tourism friendly.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef