Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Calibrating Compass on a sailing trip?

nutsnbolts

Join
Nov 25, 2017
For those that had success with their drone on a sailing trip. When and where do you calibrate?

On the dock?
While in sea everytime you stop since you are moving to different islands and locations?

You don't need to calibrate the compass often (see the best practices here). If you want to calibrate anyhow, then do it on the shore in a location that's not near any magnetic metal objects.

Reactions: suprPHREAK
No need to calibrate compass,, only do this if the prompt calls for this action. I regularly take my drone sailing and never need to do any calibration. Just be needful of RTH point if on the move...

No need to calibrate compass,, only do this if the prompt calls for this action. I regularly take my drone sailing and never need to do any calibration. Just be needful of RTH point if on the move...
Ok even if you are at sea for several days and many miles from the last compass calibration?

I travel around Europe with my Spark, and also sail quite a lot and do a lot of footage,,never had the need to calibrate the Spark, not since the initial start up. Only issue when on the water is to ensure your Home Point is the RC!,

I travel around Europe with my Spark, and also sail quite a lot and do a lot of footage,,never had the need to calibrate the Spark, not since the initial start up. Only issue when on the water is to ensure your Home Point is the RC!,
I plan to not launch while moving. At least that is he plan. Just not sure the specifics. Since you said quite a lot I may need to ask you other things. I'll pm you. Thanks for the confirmation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar