Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Can’t see screen in sunlight

KenTheJeepGuy

Join
Apr 3, 2018
Anyone else have trouble viewing your phone screen in the bright light? Have to throw a jacket over my head to see what’s going on! Suggestions?

I used a towel just like you did on my second flight and "lost" my Spark because it covered the antennas which broke the connection and I didn't have VLOS ether. But luckily the RTH kicked in and all is well.
I would suggest a Sun hood like one of these.

Fly safe:).

Last edited:
Reactions: KenTheJeepGuy
Buy a DJI CrystalSky Display.

if thats not a viable option, there are companies that make non-glare sheets you put over the display. There are also companies like hoodman that make "shades". I use both and it's just okay.

Anyone else have trouble viewing your phone screen in the bright light? Have to throw a jacket over my head to see what’s going on! Suggestions?

Here are a few sun shades that might work for you:

PGYTECH
View attachment 4472

I have the pgytech one and it works great and best of all packs up very small and light. TIP: make sure to measure your phone screen b4 ordering and go with the larger size if you're torn between 2 sizes. I actually install mine "inside out" which decreases the width a bit and fits my phone screen/RC handles better.

Hhhmmm...according to the FAA, you are supposed to be in view of your drone at all times...if you are staring at the screen you aren't watching your drone...just saying...

Dmfitter, FAA knows something about flying drones I believe. And certainly know how important using a remote is to the overall safety of this sport.
Lets be real about this, you have to monitor your controls and the only way to successfully do that is by looking at the screen.:)
But your observation is appreciated.

Think of it as when driving a car, The law requires you to always keep your eyes on the road. By default the law also knows you must keep an eye on your dashboard instruments. Or you may find yourself running out of gas or breaking the speed limit, etc. Pretty much the same with the FAA.
Just the facts, mind you.

Reactions: Bob Radford

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GregorioDy