Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Can anyone recommend screen video recording and video editing?

jrambonnet

Join
Aug 1, 2017
I'd like to find a screen video capture program for my iOS device while I'm flying as well as a good and easy video editing software package for Windows. Thanks in advance!

I'd like to find a screen video capture program for my iOS device while I'm flying as well as a good and easy video editing software package for Windows. Thanks in advance!

Best answer is literally to wait for iOS 11 as it has native screen recording. It's only another month out, give or take.

As for video editing -- I'm a lowly macOS user so I can't help ya there ;-)

Happy flying!

I a using "Movavi video editor" to join video clips, make title page, add music etc.after downloading from the drone to my computer. Can use on download from phone.

So what did you settle for ? After quite bit of trial and error I think I'll buy TMPGEnc Smart Renderer that only reencodes sections where you add titles or transitions. Saves a ton of time and maintains quality. It's really easy to use too unlike most other tools out there. Only problem is that you can't add an audio track directly for background music but it should be possible to remux some music easily.

It's too bad DJI doesn't offer a desktop version of the DJI Go app...They must be using some smart rendering on the smartphone app based on how fast (relatively) it works. It's just not very convenient to download the original files to the smartphone to maintain some decent quality. Not to mention that they force you to upload them to skypixel if you want to share them. You can retrieve them directly on the device though but the quality is poor.

I tried GoPro's Quick but they convert the files to .avi before doing anything with them which is a huge waste of time and space !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar