Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

can I use flown tracks as a future missions? [no matter if in dji go4/litchi]

peejay

Join
Jul 16, 2017
Loc
PL
like in the topic - is it possible to reuse my past flights?
I can see them in the DJI GO4 history, can play them on the map etc. is there any way to export them and then reload for use in GO4 waypoint missions or [better solution?] in Litchi app? maybe some kml file export? I tried to find such options but either it's not where I was looking or I just didn't saw it..

Maybe via Airdata service?
Make an Airdata account, connect your Dji account there for automatic upload of recent flightdata. It will auto-sync once a day unless forced sync.
Open Airdata web page, choose flight, download kml and import into Litchi? Maybe doable, maybe not.
Report back

Maybe via Airdata service?
Make an Airdata account, connect your Dji account there for automatic upload of recent flightdata. It will auto-sync once a day unless forced sync.
Open Airdata web page, choose flight, download kml and import into Litchi? Maybe doable, maybe not.
Report back

hah, didn't thought about that - forgot that Airdata has export features! thanks for the hint!
tried it minute ago - unfortunately KML is probably way too packed with information & only a fraction of the flight was imported. tried CSV also but it reports too many waypoints [it also might have a slightly different format, I'll need to test it later, maybe I can make quick and painless convert Airdata CSV to LitchiHub CSV].

as for now I can see a workaround:
  1. sync with Airdata
  2. export KML
  3. open KML in Google Earth, clean some points, save/export
  4. import KML in LitchiHub
not the best solution, but until someone points me into different direction - I guess it's the only way. thanks!

I have good news for you, pilot!

Via Airdata, download GPX file.
Upload your GPX file to GPX Simplifier / Optimizer online
Drag slider to simplify flightpath and keep it below 99 nodes!
Download as kml and import into Litchi.
Be sure to check height on waypoints.

This tool is a keeper ?

that is PERFECT!
thank you very much! just opened the tool, but already loving it!

I have good news for you, pilot!

Via Airdata, download GPX file.
Upload your GPX file to GPX Simplifier / Optimizer online
Drag slider to simplify flightpath and keep it below 99 nodes!
Download as kml and import into Litchi.
Be sure to check height on waypoints.

This tool is a keeper ?
Wow, you are like a PhD on Litchi. Always learn something new from you. Thanks mate.

Reactions: Rwarrior and Haggi
Wow, you are like a PhD on Litchi. Always learn something new from you. Thanks mate.
Haha, the cred should really go to the OP!
He had an idea, the forum put on the tin-foil hat.
Most new posts are just variations of old questions.
Whenever "new" ideas emerge, we learn something together.
I've learned a lot on this forum, always a joy to contribute back.
We are all here for a reason, right?

Haha, the cred should really go to the OP!
He had an idea, the forum put on the tin-foil hat.
Most new posts are just variations of old questions.
Whenever "new" ideas emerge, we learn something together.
I've learned a lot on this forum, always a joy to contribute back.
We are all here for a reason, right?

so you're telling me I was the SPARK that ignited this heisty discussion?
I can come up with another questions if needed, just hold my beer.. ;)

Reactions: nilanjan118
so you're telling me I was the SPARK that ignited this heisty discussion?

It's a great idea really. It has occurred quite a few times with me that I am so engrossed in the flying trying to get the perfect framing and smooth movements of the AC only to realise in the end that I forgot to hit the record button. You have just given me a solution to this. Thanks a lot. If there was an Idea of the Month/Year section in this forum, you would have won it hands down.

Reactions: Rwarrior
It's a great idea really. It has occurred quite a few times with me that I am so engrossed in the flying trying to get the perfect framing and smooth movements of the AC only to realise in the end that I forgot to hit the record button. You have just given me a solution to this. Thanks a lot. If there was an Idea of the Month/Year section in this forum, you would have won it hands down.
I second this!
I've dallied with Litchi sometimes but was always wary of trying the more advanced stuff...
Now there's 1 more to try..... thanks to the OP and to Haggi [emoji120]

@nilanjan118 & @Rwarrior - thanks for your kind words! and again kudos goes to @Haggi for the solution.

that was exactly the reason why I asked for it.. I did have some quite useable footage from my neighbourhood & was trying to recreate the path to have it done again, but with different season around.

also: flying & forgetting to record is my sin too ?

Again....Haggi amazes me :)

To reuse flown missions as a flight path is a standard feature of DroneHarmony. You can even get your flight path "smoothed". No need to export/import

To reuse flown missions as a flight path is a standard feature of DroneHarmony. You can even get your flight path "smoothed". No need to export/import

don't know if it's on purpose or by accident, but notice, that you wrote "reuse flown missions" - if I already have a mission, I know I can reuse it. my question wasn't about missions. it was about an unplanned flight that I made with litchi or djgo4 :) AFAIK - DH is a flight planner, right? [correct me if I'm wrong] so it's obvious that any planned route could be reused :) things get complicated if you want to re-fly a flight that wasn't planned and all you have is a history of flights. mentioned earlier airdata export worked flawlessly in that scenario :)

"if needed, just hold my beer.. ;) "

wait a minute.....I'm not falling for that one again......I seem to remember all the sudden....everyone was like...gone......and when I asked the nice policeman if he knew anything....he acted funny and tazed me...

nope not gonna do it.

Reactions: peejay

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme