Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Can you combine gesture control mode with controller?

and will also allow video to be recorded using the 45degree single arm gesture (not possible using just the Spark)

After giving gesture control another try last week I was wondering about that as I've been unable to start video recording with the Spark using the 45 degree gesture. I thought I was doing something wrong ! But then why would they have this feature if you need the Spark to be connected to the app ?

I have my custom button (Fn) on rc setup as launch and land so once everything is on and ready to go hold spark with 1 hand and press Fn on rc with other hand and away it goes ready for normal flight no stuffing around with modes etc and landing just as easy, works for me anyway
I will not recommend having the Fn button programmed to take off/land. I once had mine set up like this and was indoors downloading the flight's media to my phone when I accidentally pressed the Fn button... Fortunately the spark was sitting on the kitchen counter with no obstacles above it. It could have been disastrous.

Launch from hand using gesture control (double press battery button), land in hand holding down left stick until rotors switches off. As simple as that.

That makes sense! I just started getting into the habit of doing palm landings (hovering in front of me, then grabbing and turning over), when li'l sparky drew blood! I was being stupid, not concentrated enough, and when the spark dipped when I grabbed it, the props hit my thumb halfway the nail. It looked like my thumb was mauled by a tiny grizzly, blood all over the place. Luckily nothing too serious, but I have had my warning. Will try your approach next time! :)
I had the same issue one year ago after multiple successful grab-turn over landings. I'll try landing with the left stick down!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast