Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Can't download large videos from Drone

Wavesonics

Join
Jul 14, 2017
So I want to be able to transfer videos and photos from the drone to my Phone for easy sharing.

Here is my setup:
My drone is connected to my remote control, and my remote control to my phone.

I go into the album on the drone, and download single photos just fine. But when I try to download something larger, like a 360pano or a video thats say, over a minute long, it consistently fails.

I observe that the controller appears to lose connection with the drone (the screen connectivity light turns red for a few seconds before coming back)

I was wondering if anyone else has seen this? Any advice?

So I want to be able to transfer videos and photos from the drone to my Phone for easy sharing.

Here is my setup:
My drone is connected to my remote control, and my remote control to my phone.

I go into the album on the drone, and download single photos just fine. But when I try to download something larger, like a 360pano or a video thats say, over a minute long, it consistently fails.

I observe that the controller appears to lose connection with the drone (the screen connectivity light turns red for a few seconds before coming back)

I was wondering if anyone else has seen this? Any advice?

Try inserting a Micro SD card into the slot. Then, transfer the files from the SD card.

I'm not sure what you mean.

There is already a microSD card in the Drone, and the point here is I want to be able to transfer files off of the Drone directly.

I'm often in places where all I have is the drone and my phone, no other microSD card reader.

You'll want an OTG card reader or OTG adapter and cable to connect to the drone. That's the only way to get the high res video anyway, and it'll solve this problem.

With an OTG cable connecting my phone to drone directly, do I then use the normal dji go 4 album UI to download the full size files?

As in, will the app recognize the drone, or will I be pulling files off of it like an SD card?

I bought a Micro SD card reader from Amazon that plugs in the bottom of your phone just plug in the micro SD card reader with your micro SD you can transfer an edit on your phone large files.

With an OTG cable connecting my phone to drone directly, do I then use the normal dji go 4 album UI to download the full size files?

As in, will the app recognize the drone, or will I be pulling files off of it like an SD card?
It should come up as a storage device, so not accessed in the GO app.

I'm not sure what you mean.

There is already a microSD card in the Drone, and the point here is I want to be able to transfer files off of the Drone directly.

I'm often in places where all I have is the drone and my phone, no other microSD card reader.
Get a sd card reader and transfer it like that. Thats the easiest way i do it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar