Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Can't Get Assistant to recognize Spark!? Help!

Sparky4222

Join
Apr 9, 2019
Good evening all.

Just received my new Spark and am trying to update it before doing any testing (new pilot, first drone).

Installation of the program goes well and it installs, including the drivers installing in a command prompt window.
I have tried it with a couple of different USB wires thinking perhaps it was a faulty wire but, no dice.

Stumped and would love to get this done so I can give it a run for the money. By the way, I am running Windows 7/64.

Any ideas, suggestions, help would be most welcome. Thanks.

Frustrated Newbie!

Len

Good evening all.

Just received my new Spark and am trying to update it before doing any testing (new pilot, first drone).

Installation of the program goes well and it installs, including the drivers installing in a command prompt window.
I have tried it with a couple of different USB wires thinking perhaps it was a faulty wire but, no dice.

Stumped and would love to get this done so I can give it a run for the money. By the way, I am running Windows 7/64.

Any ideas, suggestions, help would be most welcome. Thanks.

Frustrated Newbie!

Len

You don't need Windows or drivers or command prompts or USB wires or the DJI Assistant program to update your firmware and activate the drone. In fact those methods are especially cumbersome and overly complicated for a new owner.

All that can be done quickly and easily just using the DJI Go app on your phone or tablet. Just a few steps that take less than 10 minutes

Welcome to The Forum

Hi Andre,

Thanks for your suggestion, rather than continuing to knock my head against a wall with Assistant, I took your advise and knocked off the update 1-2-3 using the DJI Go App. It took no more than a few minutes and everything was ready to go! The maiden flight was earlier today and I am back home with a Sparky in one piece after 4 depleting four batteries with flight time. I didn't even break a sweat.

Now it's up to the old joke: "How do you get to Carnegie Hall"....."Practice man, practice"! Thanks again.

Len

Reactions: Andre Levite

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme