Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Can't get the Spark to fly

Pedrocas

Join
Oct 21, 2017
Hi everyone, I'm new to the world of drones and I've had the Spark for around 2 months now. After the last Spark firmware update, which I only did last week, I can't get the Spark to fly. I tried both with the RC and then by connecting my smartphone with Spark wifi and neither workd, I can't get the Spark to recognise the left joystick up movement. I got it flying with thr auto lift off on the go4 app and it recognises all the other joystick movements (even left joystick down) but I can'get it to increase altitude. I tried downgrading the Sparks firmware and it didn't work either. I also connected the Rc with my phone and tried to calibrate it and the left joystick up movement is working perfectly.

Now to the real question:
Does anyone know what this is and how I can fix it?
DJI support told me to send it to the repair center but from what I've read here it probably takes a while to return to me so I want to try everything first

Thank you all for whatever help you can give me

Similar experience after fw upgrade...right stick unresponsive when moving it to the left.

RC calibration fixed it.

I'll try calibrating the RC but even without the RC, using the smartphone directly eiyh the Spark's wifi, the Spark won't respond to that input. Does the Rc not being calibrated affect that?

Nice shots!!!
Glad you got it straightened out. If it didn't work the first time I would have suggested trying it again, or even a 3rd time. I had a FW issue and had to delete and reinstall the Go 4 App 3 times and refresh the AC FW 3 times before problem went away.
DJI will tell you that sometimes these fixes don't work the first or second time.

Nice shots!!!
Glad you got it straightened out. If it didn't work the first time I would have suggested trying it again, or even a 3rd time. I had a FW issue and had to delete and reinstall the Go 4 App 3 times and refresh the AC FW 3 times before problem went away.
DJI will tell you that sometimes these fixes don't work the first or second time.
Thank you!!
DJI support told me to repair the RC to the AC and after I told them it didn't work they said I had to send it for repairs. I figured someone would be able to help me around here [emoji1]

Thank you so much for your help [emoji1] [emoji1]

Update:
Updated firmware and again same issue. Did the RC calibration, same as before and now the Spark lifts but won't move forward. Does anyone know any other way to solve this?

No, I'm outside
I believe that it might be beneficial for you to heed DJIs advice and send it in for repair. Especially since this is the 2nd time this issue occurred. Better to send it in while its still covered under warranty/Refresh, rather than wait till its expired.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar