Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Casey neistat

Luno

Join
Jul 12, 2019
So I’m sure this has probably been discussed before. I am a huge fan of Casey neistat and he is probably the reason I bought a drone in the first place how many cool things he does with them.

But I guess a question or a debate is I often see Casey doing some interesting things with drones and I’m left wondering how did you get away with that! Like literally being towed on the Hudson River by a drone whole surfing.

What do you guys think?

As you probably know, the FAA has grounded his flights in NYC some time ago. I think mostly because his YouTube was monetized and not being a part 107 faa certified pilot. That and he was flying everywhere in the city.

What few flight videos he has had since were by certified pilot(s) or out of the country.

With his move to California, perhaps he has studied up and became certified. I recently watched an update video on his move that had some drone footage. Maybe that video wasn't monetized and everything is good or he's legit?

As you probably know, the FAA has grounded his flights in NYC some time ago. I think mostly because his YouTube was monetized and not being a part 107 faa certified pilot. That and he was flying everywhere in the city.

What few flight videos he has had since were by certified pilot(s) or out of the country.

With his move to California, perhaps he has studied up and became certified. I recently watched an update video on his move that had some drone footage. Maybe that video wasn't monetized and everything is good or he's legit?

I didn’t know the FAA grounded him in NYC, I must have missed it if he has vlogged about it.

Come to think of it I literally bought my spark because of his video praising it.

I have seen videos with him continuing to use drones. I mean I enjoy that he goes outside of the boundaries but I wondered how other drone users thought about it

Reactions: Luno and RotorWash
I didn’t know the FAA grounded him in NYC, I must have missed it if he has vlogged about it.

Come to think of it I literally bought my spark because of his video praising it.

I have seen videos with him continuing to use drones. I mean I enjoy that he goes outside of the boundaries but I wondered how other drone users thought about it

I am big fan of Casey too but what @Spark 317 said is right. In fact Casey admitted that in his Spark vs Mavic video itself.

Last edited:
I enjoy that he goes outside of the boundaries but I wondered how other drone users thought about it
The problem with living on the edge is that sometimes you fall off into the bad side of things. I've watched several YT videos where people had flown in places that were restricted and thought they were in the clear only to be contacted by an agency sometimes months later and have to face the consequences. It's near impossible to defend your actions when you've posted video evidence of your infraction. I fly for enjoyment and don't need the risk of being fined or jailed for doing something I should have known was off limits in the first place. In short, if you're willing to do the crime, be ready to do the time.

Reactions: Luno and RotorWash

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis