Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

CE to FCC change

aceranic

Join
Jun 11, 2018
So, I am flying to USA and it is good opportunity to change from current CE to FCC.
Do I need controller with me or just phone?

Thankd

With a phone you only have approximately 100 meters range to control the Spark. You definitely need the RC for longer distances even in CE regions.
I am not sure if your RC is going to automatically change from CE to FCC mode when you arrive in the USA or you have to do that manually.

Here is a good tutorial about how to do it manually.

Have a nice trip!

As far as I know; yes DJIGO4 will propose you to switch to US regulations (FCC mode) and you'll have to accept it to switch RF power to FCC.
Back home, you'll have each time to refuse switching to CE power if you want to keep the strenght with you ! If you miss it, you'll be definitely back to CE then.
But honestly, you'd better install a hacked version on a spare android phone, that's far more simple than taking a plane to US...:p

Reactions: IanSR
When in the USA your GPS will pick up the new location and should switch to FCC, check the Wi Fi channels when you open the DJi App on your mobile device..

Ok. Do I need to carry remote control with me or mobile app will shange to FCC. I am not planning to carry spark

You need everything, spark, remote and phone/tablet, you can't change fcc or wifi settings without firing up all three.

I live in Lebanon which is in the CE region, though my cousin is traveling to the US and can get me a US Spark, will it come FCC out of the box or it depends on the 1st boot of the drone and GPS?

when the Spark powers up in conjunction with your mobile device it will determine it's location and switch to CE or FCC.

I must give my cousin my credentials for registering the Spark while he is in the US with my account then.
Or else if I use a VPN app on my android phone which can fake local IP to US one, can it works or it will try to find an actual GPS localisation?

I think that all Spark are by default in FCC mode. DJO Go apps ask to swtich to CE mode as soon as your Spark is in a CE country.

No interest to buy it or start it in the US.

I use an App called “Floater”, available on Play Store. It gives a false GPS location in the USA and allows you to operate in FCC mode..

But if you fool the GPS won't they be risk of a failure with return to home or follow me? Or you just use it when starting then switch it off to return to real GPS?

Yes, far easier to use a patched version of go or patch one yourself, you don't want Sparky thinking its home point is in Kentuck (USA) while you're standing in a field in Reading (UK).

Reactions: thewhatever
Hahaha, yeah and it won't reach the sea with a 16 minutes battery :)
(E.T.) Spark go home...
BTW there are still no patched or tweaks to get Raw photos with Spark?
I am pretty sure it can hardware wise as it's the same sensor as the Mavic but Dji want to limit its feature for marketing purpose

I must give my cousin my credentials for registering the Spark while he is in the US with my account then.
Or else if I use a VPN app on my android phone which can fake local IP to US one, can it works or it will try to find an actual GPS localisation?
nothing to do with the IP...
Don't loose time: hacked DJIGO4 on a separate android device is the way to activate or run in FCC. Then, you can use any other DJIGO4 version on any other device in FCC mode if you refuse the "country warning" each time you start the App.

Yes, far easier to use a patched version of go or patch one yourself, you don't want Sparky thinking its home point is in Kentuck (USA) while you're standing in a field in Reading (UK).
I don't think that's necessarily the case. Once the RC-drone connection is switched to FCC, there is no need to fake GPS coordinates anymore - you will be able set the real Home location for each flight without switching back to CE. All you need to do is to click on 'cancel' when the DJI app asks you to switch WLAN settings at the beginning of each flight. I trust this more than using a mod version since it makes sure my DJI GO 4 is always up to date.

The other day for my first real outdoor testing, my Spark couldn't go above 20 meter high, I was keeping pushing on the RC stick to let it go higher but it just didn't want, is that CE limit or a bug?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex